2008 Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got a new to me bike. Bought it from bro in law, in damn decent shape and many extra's. Going to Blackfoot Motorsports today, to get everything to change all the fluids.

Looking forward to being on 2 wheels again

Will add pics, when Tapatalk doesn't suck

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new to me bike. Bought it from bro in law, in damn decent shape and many extra's. Going to Blackfoot Motorsports today, to get everything to change all the fluids.

Looking forward to being on 2 wheels again

Will add pics, when Tapatalk doesn't suck

The V-Strom is an excellent motorcycle, you will be able to rack on thousands of miles with no worries. My brother inlaw has one and loves it, he has taken it to Mexico and back.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The V-Strom is an excellent motorcycle, you will be able to rack on thousands of miles with no worries. My brother inlaw has one and loves it, he has taken it to Mexico and back.
Thanks.
I was looking online yesterday at it's reviews from 07/08 and very highly rated bike. Even to this day, 1050 is getting great reviews

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are endless fakles available for that bike, you will be able to set it up for your own needs.
Unlike other models its affordable in comparison.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just had it out today, for a quick 20K ride and it feels good to be back in the saddle again, after 25 years since owning a big bike. Having a 1000 sure has some down low grunt. My old 82 Honda 750 was a screamer, but had nothing in the bottom.

I need more seat time, but enjoying 2 wheels again :D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just can't ride it for most of this year again, with the new knee replacement that just happened... Almost a waste, having the bike sit most of the summer again :(

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just can't ride it for most of this year again, with the new knee replacement that just happened... Almost a waste, having the bike sit most of the summer again :(
Now your half bionic?

Hope you're up and going quickly!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The other day, I merged onto Stony Trail. Left it in 2nd and wicked it....... hit 140kph @ 8000 rpm, redline 9500 and then grabbed some gears. And it's a very comfortable ride

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Wee (650) is also a great bike, its lighter for off road and prefer off road but the 1000 is king on the highway and still completely capable off road.
Suzuki had discontinued the 1000 but because of demand brought it back last year or the year before with some minor upgrades, for the adventure guy they are very well liked and much more reliable then some of the higher priced ADV bikes out there.
You never hear of horror stories on V-Stroms but the BMW-GS and KTM, you better have a backup plan when you head out on an adventure LOL.

Top Bottom