2008 M6 Fuel leak.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my wifes 08 M6 will leak fuel when sittin in the garage or trailer but only when full. I can see it dripping out the bottom on the clutch side behind the clutches. Gonna pull the tank off at the end of the season and have a look. Sled runs great so I don't think it is leakin from the fuel line. Any ideas on where to start lookin would be appreciated.
Thanks

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is coming out of the overflow line. Check to make sure the vent hole in the gas cap is clear, if not then the tank will pressurize and when full enough push gas out the overflow.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is coming out of the overflow line. Check to make sure the vent hole in the gas cap is clear, if not then the tank will pressurize and when full enough push gas out the overflow.

thank you for the reply. Gonna check it tomorrow after work.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Checked the cap and it seemed fine. Just to be sure I filled the sled and let it sit with the cap off and it still leaked fuel. Looks like I amtakin the tank off the spring. Any other ideas on what to look for would be appreciated.
Thanks Derek

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you pull the white sleeve under the cap when you fill ? Do you store sleds inside ? If you do pull sleeve out and fill to the brim, there's not enough room for gas to expand and will leak out. My buddies m6 does this if he fills before parking and puts in garage. So we started filling before we leave.

Sent from my iPhone using

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't pull out the sleeve when I fill it. It only leaks when I fill it right up and it sits overnight. inside or outside it will still leak. I will try not filling it right to top and see if it makes any difference. I can't see where it is comin out of the tank, just where it drops off the bottom of the sled. but lately I have been filling just before we leave. Maybe that might be my only option.

Iamcatman

Reaction score
there was an issue at one time, not sure if your sled was affected, but the fuel pump wiring grommet nut had to be tightened on mine just a bit (1/8 turn) it was a recall. check that

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was an issue at one time, not sure if your sled was affected, but the fuel pump wiring grommet nut had to be tightened on mine just a bit (1/8 turn) it was a recall. check that

will check on that thanks

Top Bottom