2007 XRS to a 2007 Renegade skid/track swap?

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
We have a 2007 Rev XRS 159 with a recently blown engine. Also have a 2007 Rev 800 Renegade 136. We are thinking of swapping the skid and track out of the 159 into the Renegade. How hard is this to do, or can it even be done?
Will it just bolt right up with out modifications? Should the gears and drivers be exchanged as well?
A tunnel extension should be done as well I would imagine.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just swapped a 159" from an XRS into my '04 151" summit.

What paddles are on that long track? Cooler clearance may be an issue.

I had to swap out the drive shaft on my sled for a shaft w/ extrovert cogs on it in order to run the new track (as well as gain clearance between the taller paddles and my cooler). I lucked out and found a complete shaft out of an XRS for $80 on Kijiji.

I also had to move my skid back to where the stock 159" skid would be. If you look at your rear hangers you'll see three positioning holes - use the rear ones. Likewise, look up into the tunnel and you'll see (or you should see) a bracket that your front skid mounts too. There should be the holes it currently uses and a dimple for where the other hole can be drilled out for the longer skid.

Luckily, you have the skid from a 159. I installed extensions onto my rails and learned that the stock 151" rails were and inch longer in front than the rails that would come out of a sled w/ extrovert drivers. Learned that the hard way as I was pulling out of the shop and my rails started binding into the driver teeth.

I didn't have to extend my tunnel but you will. There's kits online or maybe someone local could fab you up something.

Top Bottom