2006 ski doo Summit 600 HO Rev Limiter

Dogster

Reaction score
Hey, new Ski doo owner her,picked up a new to me Adrenaline 600HO SDI , finally got it out for a rip with some fresh snow today, ran great but hits the rev limiter easily.
Pulled it into the shop and found the primary clutch clicker adjusters to be set at 4 so set them to 1 and tried it again, still hit the rev limiter but was a little better.

So the sled was bought from original owner who purchased it new in Golden BC...7000 ft elev, I am around 2200 ft.

As far as the owner knew the sled is bone stock.

My question is ,would the dealer setup the clutch differently once they get them at the dealership for the elevation? If so, what do they do?

Happy with it otherwise,just don't want to blow her up!

Thanks

Dogster

Reaction score
Hmm..also would I have to get the ECM recalibrated for lower elevation? What exactly does this do? Am I running lean right now?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw your thread over on DooTalk and left a response but will leave one here as well.

Your pin weight is too light which is causing your over rev issues. Change your spring to a blue/yellow and swap your hollow pins out for solid pins or just contact Joey at iBackshif.com and ask him what pin weight you should be running with a stock helix at your elevation and you can adjust it using different size set screws.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can contact Joey at iBackshift.com and ask him what pin weight to run with the stock helix at your elevation or you can buy the stock solid pins from your nearest Doo dealer and swap them out. Also change your primary spring out for a blue/yellow spring, clickers on 3. Your pin weight is too light which is causing your sled to over rev.

Top Bottom