2006 f350 starting problems

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any ideas why my f350 turns over strong but doesnt start,try it several times then it started and i drove it home and it seemed to be in limp mode and the check engine light came on.any help would be appreciated i cant get it into a shop till monday.I'd rather fix it myself if i can.:(

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
If you have a check engine light then getting the code will help to narrow it down. You could have an injector problem but your symptoms would lead me to guess it is a failure of your high pressure oil pump that runs the injectors. Be prepared for a repair that is neither quick or cheap. The 6.0L Nightmare Club has had many members over the years. Sorry.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yah, could be about 20 different item. U need to retrieve fault codes, then diagnose, using lie readings from scanner to help pinpoint problem area... Might take someone 5 minutes or couple hours to diagnose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 04 had the hpv stuck open and wouldn't start. I just needed to take it out and clean it. Do a youtube search on ficm and you will find some stuff too

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to start when the engine is cold, hot or both? If hard to start when hot it most likely be in the HPOP(high pressure oil pump) system.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the input,I've been googleing it this could take a while to fix fawwwk.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It started this morning I think its a cold hot thing I have it booked in monday at a diesel shop.Im sure the credit cards gonna take a beating.

Quattroman

Reaction score
Yep, pull codes, test FICM which is a common issue. All us guys on the WCP facebook group run a tight ship and are a helpful bunch

pizalm

Reaction score
Like summit 934 said if it won't start warm it's likely a leak high pressure oil leak. If it won't start try unplugging the Icp sensor, the computer needs to see a minimum of 500 psi in the system to fire, unplugging it will make it default to 700ish psi (not sure on the exact number) and the motor should idle. It won't be able to drive but would indicate an issue with the hpo system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its in the HPOP system if it starts fine cold. Possibly the pump itself(that's rare but possible) or there is a fitting on the pump that Ford has an update for that has been known to come loose. From there your looking at a cracked branch tube(that's what happened to mine....very expensive) or possibly just an injector o-ring causing the oil leak. Might just be a sensor which would be the best outcome. Just make sure you go to a reputable mechanic, I went to a backyard guy I thought I could trust but it still ran like chit after he was done. I'm laughing now, apparently he's involved in some auto theft scandal. I won't say his name but he's in Devon, AB.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys waiting to see if summitric can get me in monday the other place said bring it monday might get to it tuesday its my only means of transport unless the city gets 3feet of pow lol.

Top Bottom