2005 Summit 1000

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all im currently trying to help my buddy fix his sled so we can goto the mountains :d :rant: His current ride is an rt 1000 summit 162''. he has a mbrp can, stock pipe, timbersled open filter setup and a boondockers controller.

Problem #1 Now his boondocker is not turning on yet it is still plugged in.

Problem #2 - the sled runs great for a little while approx 20 minutes of riding the sled bogs down and usually stalls out.

keep in mind this is the first time this sled has been out all year and last year it seems to run fine, i was also the first to start the sled this year for him it started 2nd pull.

Im out of town for work trying to help him troubleshoot this sled. i have told him to change plugs, check the can and silencer for mice or debris. also told him to try and take that control box out but i think he would need to put the open filters off and put a stock air box back on (correct?) could it also be poor fuel? there was a lil bit of Old fuel in the machine. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys/gals

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run open filters on my RT without a control box and it runs fine. So I don't think you would have to re-install the stock air box. But that's all I got for you.
best of luck

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sounds like a fuel pump on its way out?? Worth looking at..... Pressure is better when its cold started, and gets worse as it warms up...... Had a friends sled quit on way up quartz couple years ago, and ran fine to start with, then at about km 10, it quit... Wouldn't stay running after that(towed down).

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
check the battery voltage, i think a new battery was somewhere from 12.8 to 13.0v

weak battery usually causes hard start, because not enough voltage to allow fuel pump to prime the injection system...... Been there done that..... If a weak battery is boosted(to start sled) and runs, tends to hesitate and not run properly too.... Just thought i'd point that out.... Fyi, i guess.

Top Bottom