1993 Arctic Cat Puma 340 Fuel problem

KYounger

Reaction score
Hello, I am having trouble with our kids sled. It is alittle tired, I bought it second hand, when it’s cold I need to spray fuel intothe cylinders to get it running. Now it will not stay running, I am thinking apartially plugged fuel filter. May have a tired vacuum fuel pump? Any helpwould be much appreciated.

wolfer

Reaction score
We had the same thing happen to us a few years ago, we were getting condisation into the fuel pump from the vacuim hose, when it got cold it would freeze the diaphram. Fuel pump is easy to take apart and clean.

Dakine879

Reaction score
i have a '98 AC 340 Panther....its hard to get going after sitting for the season...i was mucking about going to take off the fuel pump...but i noticed the tank was low and then made sure the gas tank was at least 1/2 full. maybe that has nothing to to with it, but put fuel in the cylinders and of it has run since.... BTW what kind of compression are you getting in each cylinder? 105 psi?

KYounger

Reaction score
Hello guys, thanks for the help, I pulled the fuel pump apart and have a torn diaphram, so I think that was the problem. getting a kit for it tomorrow! thanks again for the comments and help.

Top Bottom