14/15 pine pass conditions

Peaceriverrider

Reaction score
Anyone know what the avalanche conditions are like in Hassler? A few of us are planning a trip in around Wednesday/Thursday..

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, with the heavy snow they just received and the call of warm temps for the weekend, I would guess high.

Goldie

Reaction score
Anyone heading Out Tomorrow and Wouldn't Mind a Tagalong? I Have Never Rode Anywhere in The Pine Pass. I Am An Average Rider With 164xm

Peaceriverrider

Reaction score
Well, with the heavy snow they just received and the call of warm temps for the weekend, I would guess high.
Thanks Zal, I think we'll head for some deep meadows below the alpine, I'm nervous on a regular year let alone the crazy cycles we have been going through this year.
ride safe!

Pinepassrider

Reaction score
Heading into hassler in the morning be in Chetwynd by around 8 or so to grab fuel then header for the hills shoot to be unloading by 9 if anyone wants to join ??

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out this weekend to Silversands. Snow was chitty. Tried to punch through the loop from Cairns Lake to 5 Cabins. No such luck. Today, tried to get to 5 cabins and the original trail hasn't been open. Only tracks through was at the end of the first meadow going straight instead of the left turn as normal. Did someone make a new trail to 5 cabins?

Last edited:

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going on a slush hunt tomorrow. Sunday. Tumbler or pass?? Any suggestions

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Thinking of heading to the Pass next weekend for a last spring ride. Forecast is good/warm, how low is the snow? Can you ride from the parking areas? Thx!

ditch1000

Reaction score
We were riding Morphee Mountain in Mackenzie today... Icy trail up, windblown and icy on top of the hills, but the lower slopes, creek drainages and meadows had about 8" of fresh snow and untouched!! Was a pretty good day out there!!

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got back from chetwynd. Rode silversands saturday, decent snow 6" of fresh the rest was fairly hard but we could still break through. Rode beaver creek sunday, blue bird day, trail was fairly icy but we kept our momentum and made it up. Roughly a foot of fresh snow to ourselves!

Shep 76

Reaction score
We rode Beaver Creek Saturday. Managed to time the weather perfect and had great vis. Stayed in the trees and had an epic day. First time riding in the Chetwynd area. Will definately be back.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone make er out to the pine pass yet this weekend. Just wondering what the conditions up top are like?
Thanks

TheBCSledder

Reaction score
Hey guys, great thread, just so you guys know there is a new facebook group for sledding conditions / general chat in the Pine Pass/tumbler ridge area. It is called: Pine Pass And Area Riding Conditions.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avy canada is reporting an avalanch over the weekend but there not saying we're. Prolly beaver lol.

Top Bottom