'13 RMK Assault Front Spring Options?

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So, I have the rear skid on my Assault dialed in to where I'm pretty happy with it. The front not so much. I have put the skis to the narrow setting, and this machine doesn't come with a sway bar. I run the WE clickers at about 2 from the softest, maybe 3. I weigh 170 without gear. So, I still think that it should be easier and take less effort to roll on its side. I'm getting much better, but on a steep side hill, I think it shouldn't be as difficult as it is.

My questions are: Do I have the rear skid set up properly (done like in the manual, and slight tweaks to get it to react better)? The preload on the ski shocks is as little as possible, so should I be looking at new springs? I can't really afford an all new shock package, and it looks like a lot of the aftermarket stuff, I'd have to buy all new A-arms, shocks, springs and shorten my tie rods. That's $1000+! You see I have different A-arms, and longer shocks than a regular Pro.

If springs are an option, what is the feedback for the Raptor vs. ZBroz springs?

Thanks.

24V E30

Reaction score
I have a 14 assault and weigh the same as you. I've only been sledding for a season and a half so I'm speaking from personal experience and what I've read online. My setup is front ski springs as soft as possible clickers usually at 2 from softest. Rear skid is setup like the manual says and then tweaked to my liking. I'd try adding a bit of preload to your front track spring maybe 1/2 turn to 1 turn and try it again. Think of the front track shock as the pivot point of the sled. To much preload and it will trench easily, not enough and it will be harder to lift a ski.

Also wrong foot forward really helps getting on edge in the steeper stuff. Otherwise I've found its just timing the throttle and counter steer properly to get on edge.

Top Bottom