13 pro precautionary measure till polaris possably recalls the driveshafts

Joum39

Reaction score
Nobody has a clue how many have wrecked everyones just coming up with these fix ideas. pretty sure you are supposed to break the belt drive in for 150kms so its not like you have to worry about picking up your new sled and heading straight to the hills and then busting it immediatly and needing a chopper out. seems like if they break it happens within the first 100km from what i have read. I would just keep it stock and see if it breaks right away or else ride the damn thing! Dont get so worried people.

Buddy went to quartz for first ride of the year on his Pro! Got to rude dubs out while his sled flew over top of him via chopper with a busted drive shaft!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy went to quartz for first ride of the year on his Pro! Got to rude dubs out while his sled flew over top of him via chopper with a busted drive shaft!

I thought the issue was that the drive shaft was just spinning inside itself? Noone in your group carries a tow rope? Would have been a lot cheaper.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But at this time of year its hard to tow out due to fluff pow. Even packing a trail its hard with out a good set up base , and all the creek crossings filled in.

Just saying

sent from my htc

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the issue was that the drive shaft was just spinning inside itself? Noone in your group carries a tow rope? Would have been a lot cheaper.

The driveshaft are busting at one end and lost are dropping down so unless you drop you skid and pull your track you aren't going to tow it out easy.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The driveshaft are busting at one end and lost are dropping down so unless you drop you skid and pull your track you aren't going to tow it out easy.
So they are piling up and stopping the track? Thought the issue was they were just free spinning. Will be interesting to see if this is a wide spread issue, or just with a certain number of serial numbers.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my point as well. I have talked to a few different dealers in Calgary and area.. The ratio and percentage of this happening is minimal.

I understand that the guys making the parts are looking for a sale.. I am in sales myself so I know the game..

Hay Staple just so ya know me or tyson dont even ride 2013 pros, We saw this starting to happen to the driveshafts So Tyson came up with something that might help out till polaris gets it handled. Your so ass backwards on your post, (SALES) are you kidding.... so the 20 bucks I make from a clamp and the calls on the phone and everyone pays with m/c or visa so there goes another 3 % and then I have to stay till 8:00 at night to get them boxed up and then drive them to greyhound and drop them off. So realy what am I maken hear ??? Thats just me What about tyson Im sure he is busy building oil field parts so he has to build the clamps on his time for a sled he dose not own, and If you know Tyson he builds ch!t for what he rides lol. So I dont know what game you know so well maybe you sell cars lol not sure, but I just wated to clear that up. They were built to help with the problem and so that people could ride there new sleds and its a real kick in the nuts when you reed a ch!t post like yours.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the lucky one that got to pay for a helicopter ride for my sled yesterday. It is a boosted pro (had it set 6psi boost for break in) with 19 miles on it. Had done the rivet fix with 3/16 s/s rivets on all six sides. Was ridding in the trees trying to go easy on it for the break in period, but had a spot where I needed to go WTO. I didn't make it.:(

Attachments

• Broken Sled 003.jpg
    Broken Sled 003.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Broken Sled 004.jpg
    Broken Sled 004.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 307

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the rant, but Fu%k realy.... sales.

It was actually a really good rant.

I did assume a lot on pricing, apology for that. I will take a quick burn close to Calgary, if it breaks I throw the sled at my dealer. I just feel that is what warranty is for, I don't like the idea of a band aid on a ch!t design shaft.

And not a car sales.. one could only wish to be that greasy

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stub looks fine. Maybe I should pull it out and send it back to polaris, have a new shaft bonded to it and roll the dice again. Has anyone tried a shaft from a 2012? Are they a direct fit?

Attachments

• Broken sled 2 006.jpg
    Broken sled 2 006.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 333

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was actually a really good rant.

I did assume a lot on pricing, apology for that. I will take a quick burn close to Calgary, if it breaks I throw the sled at my dealer. I just feel that is what warranty is for, I don't like the idea of a band aid on a ch!t design shaft.

And not a car sales.. one could only wish to be that greasy
To start thanks to Chrissco ,Tyson and I beleave RK-TEK for your fix, be it temp or not I'm still running a welded drive shaft in my drag sled XP.It's peeps like them that get use going and keep us going while were waiting for warrenty .Thanks again guys my poo buddy thank you too.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and how many miles were on his sled?

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And there you have it pure stupidty. You didnt think to maybe take it for a break in ride around home and see how it held up? just like i said if they break it seems to happen in the first 100km but if you can afford a new boosted pro im sure the helicopter out was just spare pocket change.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And there you have it pure stupidty. You didnt think to maybe take it for a break in ride around home and see how it held up? just like i said if they break it seems to happen in the first 100km but if you can afford a new boosted pro im sure the helicopter out was just spare pocket change.

Last time I checked a key component to snow mobiling was snow, pretty tough to ride without it. Which means I go to the snow. I posted on here to suggest that the rivet fix may not hold up. So if you want add something constructive to this thread great, other wise keep your opinion to yourself.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing as the a-arms? Something went wrong with the bonding process on some of the sleds? Looks like the aluminium is just way too thin in this application, to have it rip through 6 rivets as well.

Top Bottom