12 xp tarp no good any other options?

Carbondeath

Reaction score
My tarp for my 12etec 800 is garbage it has ripped on 4 different seams and I have got it fixed and it just rips again. It also seems like the material is not thick enough because when the highway is wet it lets the salt and road spray right through. Just wondering if anyone has tried any other options like Skinz tarp or something else other than the brp one? Just thought I would check before I gave brp another 300 for there paper thin tarp again.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey man, I have the skinz cover and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I've had it since '08, you wouldn't know it's more than a year old. I have 2 of them now, bought another for the wife's sled the next year. they are incredibly stretchy, I like that they cover the whole sled right from the ski tips.

Trax 2 Treadz has them. recommend...:beer:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
enclosed trailer......

180022_202219063121909_670997_n.jpg

Carbondeath

Reaction score
Lol Teeroy, thanks for the advice I think I might try a Skinz tarp. Do the Skinz tarps pull all the way over the rear bumper? My sled is a 174 and just wondering if it would stretch long enough?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol Teeroy, thanks for the advice I think I might try a Skinz tarp. Do the Skinz tarps pull all the way over the rear bumper? My sled is a 174 and just wondering if it would stretch long enough?
it will be tough to stretch it all the way the first time, and then it holds it shape after it's been on for a while and gets easier to put on. check with Jan at trax 2 treadz, I think there are a few different sizes.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will be tough to stretch it all the way the first time, and then it holds it shape after it's been on for a while and gets easier to put on. check with Jan at trax 2 treadz, I think there are a few different sizes.

Do you have yours on a deck? Buddy has one and it fits great but is so hard to stretch is almost impossible to pull when is up high and hanging off the deck. It works good on a trailer when you can stand behind it and pull didnt find it good for the deck when two guys cant get the stupid thing on! (It was almost new so maybe it will loosen up?)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have yours on a deck? Buddy has one and it fits great but is so hard to stretch is almost impossible to pull when is up high and hanging off the deck. It works good on a trailer when you can stand behind it and pull didnt find it good for the deck when two guys cant get the stupid thing on! (It was almost new so maybe it will loosen up?)
mine is just a short track compared to a 174, but for sure it's tricky on a deck....my 146 only hangs off a foot or so. I can imagine with a 174 it would be somewhat more difficult. you would have to leave it on there for a while to make it easier to put on.

Top Bottom