09 XP worth

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats a good price for a 09 XP 800,with under 1000kms?
I have an 09 m8 and am considering buying a XP but i hear lots of bad stuff about them especially the tunnels twisting.
I do enjoy the m8 no question but would like to try something different only if i was able to sell the m8 and not have to add a pile of cash.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im trying to sell my buddys 08 xp with a bunch of work done from holts down in the states, 7900 and you can take 'er home brand new engine basicaly

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tunnels twisting? Hmmm....I've been on Dootalk for several years and never heard that one....

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tunnels twisting? Hmmm....I've been on Dootalk for several years and never heard that one....

i have heard guys say the tunnels are weak,just saying what i hear and i have heard that from a few XP owners and that's there downfall..Dunno how true,that's why i'm asking...Are there any issue's with 09's?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have heard guys say the tunnels are weak,just saying what i hear and i have heard that from a few XP owners and that's there downfall..Dunno how true,that's why i'm asking...Are there any issue's with 09's?

The tunnels do flex more on the XP's, especially on the running boards if you are a bigger guy.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DaveB's a big bugger, if they were gonna bend, he'd a bent it. Mind you I've never seen him do a 100' cornice drop either. Pancake comes to mind...

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '09 seems to be trouble free so far. I'm kind 'uva big guy weighing in at about 230 lbs before gear. I added tunnel stifferners and the heavier rear springs and everything seems to be holding up. I'm a fan of the XP and don't seem to have much trouble throwing it around as alot of guys say.

The clutch is a little out of allignment, and the bolts on the Y pipe came loose, but there are known "fixes". Seems to be the only issues i have with the 09 XP. From what i can tell they are pull and go, would recommend it to anybody, especially a CAT guy.:beer:

If you can get one for under $9000, I would think that would be a pretty good deal.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '09 seems to be trouble free so far. I'm kind 'uva big guy weighing in at about 230 lbs before gear. I added tunnel stifferners and the heavier rear springs and everything seems to be holding up. I'm a fan of the XP and don't seem to have much trouble throwing it around as alot of guys say.

The clutch is a little out of allignment, and the bolts on the Y pipe came loose, but there are known "fixes". Seems to be the only issues i have with the 09 XP. From what i can tell they are pull and go, would recommend it to anybody, especially a CAT guy.:beer:

If you can get one for under $9000, I would think that would be a pretty good deal.

that's what i was hoping to hear around that 9k is what i would be willing to spend

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode mine a season and haven't had a problem, put the stiffners on right from day one the only thing I had to have replaced is a shock as there was no bushing in the upper mount when I picked it up. The only complaint I have about it is that the front bumper and pipe don't stand up to trees as well as I would like it to.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I t-boned an '08 xp with my Apex...barely dented the running boards. That and the guy that rides it is 6'3" and 230-250. He's not a jumper so maybe it's guys hucking them off of cornices that are twisting tunnels?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've got a beautiful 08 X model 154 for $7500 with $3000 worth of extras.....boss seat, clickers, vents, dj clutching, iso-vibe...etc

add is here...

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be gun shy on an '08...on kiji right now there are a few going for 7000-7500 with low km's.(under 1000)

Expect to see people asking 2000-3000 more for an '09 as most of them just finished paying 12,000 for it last year.

The 08's problems are well known about and can be fixed much cheaper than buying a '09 if that is a concern. It was a first year model change, but still a great sled.

If you can get an 08 for $7000 its a good price. People are asking $6000-8000 for 06-07 Rev's (not that an 07 rev even with mods is worth it)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be gun shy on an '08...on kiji right now there are a few going for 7000-7500 with low km's.(under 1000)

Expect to see people asking 2000-3000 more for an '09 as most of them just finished paying 12,000 for it last year.

The 08's problems are well known about and can be fixed much cheaper than buying a '09 if that is a concern. It was a first year model change, but still a great sled.

If you can get an 08 for $7000 its a good price. People are asking $6000-8000 for 06-07 Rev's (not that an 07 rev even with mods is worth it)

Just because they're asking for that much doesn't mean the sled is worth that much. All depends on condition and owner, lots of people shooting for the moon, the rec market is slower than it was a couple years ago and you will start to see that this fall as prices comes down, stuff just ain't selling.

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
I have an 09 Summit X 163 for sale right now for $9000. Rail stiffeners, shockwave helix, can, a-arm protectors, belly pan protector, remote handle bar controls, etc. PM me for pics and details if interested.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i too have an 09 Summit X Limited Hillclimb edition for sale.

Chassis has higher KMs, but a brand new crate motor

Highly maintained machine, very reliable and very good looking

Also looking for 9000obo and Ill throw in an advised fishing or sleddin trip depending on the time of year lol

Top Bottom