09 kx 450

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a new kx a few years ago and after running a few snowbikes last fall, thinking of turning it into a snowbike this year...

few questions i have... i can get my hands on a used kit now for 4 grand or buy the 13 kit for 5 grand and have the updates with it... was also thinking about going with bar heaters and i wish there was electric start some how

whats everyones gut feeling with the 450, will it have the power for a 121 track, and any other pointers before i buy... thanks

topsecret

Reaction score
Your bike is fuel injected right? I rode yz450f that wasnt and man that thing could be a real pain to get started if you dumped it on its side! 450 is the absolute min I would go with for a motor, that being said its still fun to ride and it will pretty much chug along and get you anywhere you need to go! I dont know if the stator on the bike would have enough juice to power the hand warmers, as far as the new kit im not sure what updates were done for 2013 but the kit I rode on last year was flawless!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya its the first year fuel injection, and would like warmers if i could make it work

Top Bottom