08 M1000 reflash, yes or no?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07/08 M1000 reflash, yes or no?

I know there are a lot of 08's that had the reflash done, but there seems to be a lot that decided not too. I'm bought an 08 that hasn't had the reflash done, and is quite burbly in the bottom end. Previous owner had full SLP pipe and BD box, but it was returned to stock before I got it.

So if you have had it done already, or decide to stay with the 08 maps, I'd like to know why. Not interested in speculation or my buddies buddy did his, just those who have or haven't done it.

Important info required:

1. Stock motor (yes or no)
  2. Stock exhaust (yes or "Y" pipe, can or full exhaust)
  3. Fuel programmer (yes or no, if yes which one and who's maps)

Last edited:

M1K

Reaction score
- 07 M1000
- stock motor
- Y-pipe and D&D can
- Fuel pressure at 44 psi
Put in new pistons (3500 miles on originals) when the reflash was done. Mag side piston went out 400 miles later! With this 09 flash there was next to no visible piston wash with it running especially lean at 5600 rpm (according to EGT's that I have since installed. Also using this stock mapping which I know is lean to set my base egt's).
Wish I had my old flash as this updated flash is way too rich on the bottom and too lean in the mid. As there is no turning back, my PCV is on its way from Eric at Racin station.

So if I where you DON'T DO IT!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a catch 22 if you want to use the PCV, as the maps are for the 09 reflash.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a catch 22 if you want to use the PCV, as the maps are for the 09 reflash.

'08 M1000
Stock motor
Speedwerx full exhaust
couple intake mods
Clutching
Boondocker box.

When i got my 1000 i asked a buddy of mine about this reflash cause it hadn't been done to mine yet. And my buddy works at a cat dealership and his parents own it and have been in business for abot 25 years or more. He asked me if i am going to put a programmer on it and i said yes so he told dont bother doin the reflash then, cause seen a bunch that dont run as well after as they did prior to the reflash. I'm not a huge fan of the PC5 because you cant adjust it on the hill unless you have a laptop with you, so that makes tunin a pain in the arse. I like to be able to adjust things to tune when on the hill versus makin notes to bring back to try and fix when i get off of the hill or tryin different peoples numbers for an entire day to see if maybe they are better. With my B/D box if i want to try different numbers i just punch them in and tryem and if they aren't better a person can go back to original numbers or use part of it. So i like the quick adjustability of the b/d box myself.

Slammer85

Reaction score
Hey glen I'll be coming to mcbride with my sled next weekend. Are you going to be out riding? I'd like to compare our 2 sleds. Prety much the only differance between them is I'm running a 45 shot of nitrous. I'd like to try out your numbers and see how they compare to mine. I'll stop by the shop when I'm in town.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey glen I'll be coming to mcbride with my sled next weekend. Are you going to be out riding? I'd like to compare our 2 sleds. Prety much the only differance between them is I'm running a 45 shot of nitrous. I'd like to try out your numbers and see how they compare to mine. I'll stop by the shop when I'm in town.

Yah stop by the shop when you get to town and we will see what we can do. If i can make it out will all depend on how many people are in town and such. But we will try to work something out.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the flash done on my 08 M1000

1. Stock motor (yes)
2. Stock exhaust (yes for pipe, yes for Y-pipe, MBRP can)
3. Fuel programmer (No)

Runs fine across the board!!!! Actually runs better with the MBRP can than the stocker can!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 07/08 M1000 reflash, yes or no?

Bringing this back to the top

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had updates done on two 08 M1000s. Both were completely stock except for MBRP cans. Both sleds ran worse after the 09 updates. Added a Timbersled intake, Slp Y pipe and Linderman head mod for premium to one sled. Mods improved sled performance and sled runs much cleaner. Stock sled with updates still likes to load up. If you sled runs good without the updates, i would leave it alone.

Emt Worker

Reaction score
My dealer wouldn't even do the flash. They said I would be very disappointed if I had it done. People have had the flash and their sleds didn't work as well.

Top Bottom