08 Dragon 800 - MBRP Can

Reaction score
Just got my 800 Dragon 163 back with the update kit and I have a few questions.
1) I ran it stock the first year and put an MBRP can on it last year. I put the original muffler back on after the update as I was told that I could only use the Polaris muffler or an SLP can. I hate to throw my one year old MBRP can in the garbage. What are your thoughts on using the MBRP can?
2) My oil consumption was about 20.9:1. I used 23 liters of fuel and used exactly 1.1 litres of Polaris VES Gold oil. Will using that much oil effect performance? Plugs are good but that just seems too rich. I told them about the oil consumption when I brought it in and they said my pump was adjusted right. Is everyone using that much oil?
My first ride was Nov 22 at Blue Lake (Sicamous) it ran great and I did notice a difference. There was no mid range bog at all and it was great on top too.

If your thinking about coming to Sicamous, the riding is really good and and you only have to go 7 KMS up the trail to unload.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my cousin got his dragon updates done and has a mbrp can and they never said nethn bout not using it. u will be safe. for the most part cans are all the same.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information on the can. I like the MBRP sound too so I'll put it back on. Any thoughts around the oil use. 20 : 1 is a lot of oil. Does it effect performance when you use that much?

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the information on the can. I like the MBRP sound too so I'll put it back on. Any thoughts around the oil use. 20 : 1 is a lot of oil. Does it effect performance when you use that much?

check your oil set screw, maybe the dealer played with it when they took it in.
when i took mine in, the f***** AT CYCLE WORKS WEST did not silicon my exhuast at the can, DENTED my pipe, and who knows how this update went in, im going to check all my torque specs now, makes me scared they forgot one simple thing, kinda figure there will be more issues :mad::nono::rant::realmad:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cycle works south told me to never run an mbrp cuz it will fall apart in 500 miles and plug off the exhaust and blow sh^t up. i laughed. i said i had an 03 rmk wit 2000+ miles zero issues, 06 rmk wit 1500 miles zero issues. sumtimes the dealer will tell u nethn u help themselves and not u!

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
cycle works south told me to never run an mbrp cuz it will fall apart in 500 miles and plug off the exhaust and blow sh^t up. i laughed. i said i had an 03 rmk wit 2000+ miles zero issues, 06 rmk wit 1500 miles zero issues. sumtimes the dealer will tell u nethn u help themselves and not u!

yah ive seen countless mbrp cans work forever with no issues, had one on my 00 700rmk and put 5000miles on it , and current D8 with 400miles with no problems, ive heard alot bad info about the baffels inside a SLP can, they like fall apart and cause the exhuast to plug. but this goes for everything it could have been made on a monday morning or friday afternoon, lots of lemons out there for everyone, there will always be unhappy people about a product:beer:

Top Bottom