'07 600 H.O. SDI SkiDoo Rev

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the last cold snap my electric injection stopped working. Usually I hit the button at the start of the day and my sled would start on the second pull, even after sitting for a week or two. The rest of the day it would start first pull without hitting it. Usually when I hit the button the gauges would turn on and I could hear the seld doing something, now nothing at all happens.
So, a few questions...
What may be wrong, could it be a dead battery or something?
Would it hurt it if I just took the battery out completely and saved myself the 10lbs?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure SDI needs battery to work.

yup, it does. i tried unhooking it and it won't start at all. so i guess the battery must be good. i check the fuses, they are all good. any other ideas?

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it still prime the engine when you hit the start button? On my old 1000sdi I could start it just by pulling it even if battery was dead. Just threw a trickel charger on the battery and it came back to normal.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think it is doing anything at all when i hit the start button. i can't hear it do anything anyways. before i could always hear it buzz a bit. but yes, i can still start it by just pulling it.
i called the shop, they were useless, they just want me to bring it in. maybe i'll try the trickle charge this week before i take it anywheres, can't hurt.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the starter set up is like but try giving the starter solenoid a whack with a screwdriver. I've seen them freeze up on cars etc... and a good whack frees them up so they can turn.

nickhesson

Reaction score
Im riding a 07 Skidoo Summit X 800 and have the same problem. I used to hear the starter at least try even when it wouldnt work.. now i hear nothing. its like the button no longer works. :( bad wiring?

Top Bottom