35"+ Winter tires?

Coxy

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what you guys are running for a winter tire in a larger size. Im currently running syped 37x12.5 MT's, which work really well, but looking for a dedicated winter, to keep me legal with all the mountain passes around here. I hate BFG AT's, so those arent an option. I know the grabber at2's, goodyear duratrac and dunlop rover mt have severe service rating, and i believe make a 315/70R17, but wondering if anyone has found a strait up winter in larger sizes yet. Thanks alot guys

Coxy

Reaction score
That's exactly what im thinking of, but hoping for a 17... As 16s dont fit on my truck! Thanks!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running mickey Thompson Baja ATZ....35 x 20 on my 08 ford...been good so far!!

van isle

Reaction score
The best bet for bigger sized tires that will work well in all winter conditions would be a studded AT or MT such as a wangler , pro comp Radial Mud Terrain or cooper ST this is the tire with studs i have used for the past 2 winters and have been great on ice and deep snow.

Coxy

Reaction score
Of course you can run studs here, although i dont really want to.
I currently have 37x12.5 muds syped up for my winter tire, and they do work well, but i want to be legal, especially if something every happens so i dont get my insurance voided, or all the blame aimed at me. I run a 36x15.50 for summer, so whatever i get will only see winter. My buddy got some of the dunlops and they seem to be doing good, and they are super soft. Too bad yokahama didnt make that awesome 35" winter in a 17... or if i could run 16's, but thats not possible.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what im thinking of, but hoping for a 17... As 16s dont fit on my truck! Thanks!

I run 315x70x17" Yokohama geolanders on my dodge 2500 deisel.....best tire I've come across in a while 80k warranty....50k, no q's, 50 - 80k prorate.
Free rotation, balance, and flat repair from Kal-Tire.
I ran my 1st set 80k, then replaced them with a new set.....GREAT TIRE. Stick to the road like ch!t to a diaper

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out 1010tires.com or tirerack.com, gives you some ideas what's out there
i say pick up some Duratracks and stud them, keep them for winter use..

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out 1010tires.com or tirerack.com, gives you some ideas what's out there
i say pick up some Duratracks and stud them, keep them for winter use..

I ran 37" pro extreme all terrains. That tire works good. I do edmonton to revi a min 25 trip per yr and never had a problem. THEY ARE VERY IMPRESIVE EVEN ON ICE for a mudder/at tire and a good looking tire also

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran 37" pro extreme all terrains. That tire works good. I do edmonton to revi a min 25 trip per yr and never had a problem. THEY ARE VERY IMPRESIVE EVEN ON ICE for a mudder/at tire and a good looking tire also
have you looked at the dyck cypek fc2 i currently run them in a 35" and they are an all around good tire and they still look good too:d

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the stock backspacing / offset of a stock Dodge 3500 single wheel. going to buy extra set of 18" wheels for winter and want to stay as close to stock as I can, dont want them sticking way out..

beatty

Reaction score
would look small but toyo has the WLT1 in a LT285/70R17 10 Ply
i do have them in stock can give me a call at 780-466-7677 \

Grant

Top Bottom