LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: DRW vs SRW

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    4,117

    DRW vs SRW

    Thinking the next truck is gonna be a dually .

    Anyone wanna talk me out of it?

    Pros/cons?
    Last edited by skegpro; February 15th, 2018 at 11:22 PM.



  2. #2
    Member drew562's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    My last trucks. 2006 Ford drw. 2011 super duty drw. 2012dodge drw. 2013 dramax drw. . 2017 single wheel super duty. I will definitely be getting a dually again next truck. Pros with single wheel long box. Parking. That's it. The dually holds the road so much better. 2 on my sled deck is great. Or I pull. 14' flo trailer and also a 28' enclosed 8'6 wide. The long box sw pulls good but still wanders more. On icy winter roads the trailer doesnt sway with my old duallys. The sw long box will sway a bit and on ice it makes me slow down. If you want to tow and drive with one thumb. Dually all the way. If you don't mind 2 hands on the wheel and don't look down ever. Single wheel is fine. Keep in mind I only use my truck for long weekends camping in the summer. But in the winter most every weekend sleddding. So most of my driving is in the winter.
    2013 renny 1000 xxc, husky txc 450. Sportsman 570 2016 freeride 154. 2015 t3 174 lindermans motor. 2011 crossfire 800r. 2009 z1 turbo lake rocket. 2013 ram pimped a little. 2016 f350 platinum. 2012 victory vision, 1990 corvette convertable. Four winns inboard.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tetris Champion, Armor Games Snowball 2007 Champion
    Clode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fort St John B.C
    Posts
    27,279

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    I really like my dually also. Packs 2 sleds like nothing, and gives the freedom to haul whatever you want. There are a few negatives, 6 tired to replace, they aren't the best for really bad off road driving, and a on the rough riding side when empty.
    500,000 is mine post whores !!!!
    You cannot unsee what has been seen !!!
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
    Hanging out with my imaginary internet friends

  4. #4
    Member
    DRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Red Deer County
    Posts
    2,163

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    Nothing beats the DRW for towing/hauling etc. The trade off is if you want a truck for everything else, driving back roads to get into hunting/fishing spots etc, daily driving the SRW is better.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    Well this is good to hear you guys like them.

    I have had a few riding buddies say they are horrible but oddly enough they have never owned on or riden in one.

    My primary concern was winter roads.

    Off road will basically be logging roads in the winter. (Tire chains on the outside dual?)

    And muddy gravel roads in the summer.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    Nothing beats the DRW for towing/hauling etc. The trade off is if you want a truck for everything else, driving back roads to get into hunting/fishing spots etc, daily driving the SRW is better.
    Awesome, This truck will be primarily be used for towing and probably won't leave the yard without a trailer attached or a sled deck.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    Quote Originally Posted by drew562 View Post
    My last trucks. 2006 Ford drw. 2011 super duty drw. 2012dodge drw. 2013 dramax drw. . 2017 single wheel super duty. I will definitely be getting a dually again next truck. Pros with single wheel long box. Parking. That's it. The dually holds the road so much better. 2 on my sled deck is great. Or I pull. 14' flo trailer and also a 28' enclosed 8'6 wide. The long box sw pulls good but still wanders more. On icy winter roads the trailer doesnt sway with my old duallys. The sw long box will sway a bit and on ice it makes me slow down. If you want to tow and drive with one thumb. Dually all the way. If you don't mind 2 hands on the wheel and don't look down ever. Single wheel is fine. Keep in mind I only use my truck for long weekends camping in the summer. But in the winter most every weekend sleddding. So most of my driving is in the winter.
    What made you go from DRW to SRW?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    Quote Originally Posted by Clode View Post
    I really like my dually also. Packs 2 sleds like nothing, and gives the freedom to haul whatever you want. There are a few negatives, 6 tired to replace, they aren't the best for really bad off road driving, and a on the rough riding side when empty.
    I do like that the 450 comes with a 180L diesel tank. Beats the 90L on my 350.



  9. #9
    Senior Member Tetris Champion, Armor Games Snowball 2007 Champion
    Clode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fort St John B.C
    Posts
    27,279

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    Quote Originally Posted by skegpro View Post
    I do like that the 450 comes with a 180L diesel tank. Beats the 90L on my 350.

    my 2012 350 has 125l tank, I run studded hakkipalitas in the winter, and you can't beat duallys for towing
    500,000 is mine post whores !!!!
    You cannot unsee what has been seen !!!
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
    Hanging out with my imaginary internet friends

  10. #10
    Member UkrainianMudKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    317

    Re: DRW vs SRW

    My current truck is a F350 DRW, its less stressful to tow, it stick to the road, cross wind doesn’t really have much effect. My next truck will be a F450 as it has a wider front axle making for better turning. As far as tires go I had a F350 SRW with 20” rims and to replace 6 tires on my dually is still cheaper as they as 17” rims.
    Cons – Offroading isn’t really the best as you have less ground pressure – to solve this invest in some single chains for the rears.
    I also had summitric install a titan tank on my current DRW. Pro the tank holds 270ish litres, Con I hate paying to fill the tank when its empty, but when towing my 38’ toy hauler I can drive from Edmonton to Kamloops before I have to fill up.
    JAMES

    2014 Summit X

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •