ZX chasis bar riser question

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have an 02 summit 700 and looking at putting a bar riser on it. just wondering if the stock bars will have enough space on them where the bar mounts in the clamp. im thinking of going to the pivot riser style and figure i need about 4 1/4 ?? inches of room on the bar to mount properly. any suggestions before i go measure? once tightened up my bars wont move back and forth at all because of the added leverage will they?:eek:

also do i need to extend any other wires other than the throttle cable and brake line to go to a 8 inch riser?:rolleyes:

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just helped my buddy with his 99 670. The stock bars should work just fine. Definitely get a pivot. You wire should stretch just fine without extending them. Just watch where you route the throttle extension because they can be touchy. His would rev up depending on where the bars were turned, but a little pissing around with the routing helped that.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the most you can go is 2" with extending the lines. I just put a 2" on my 2001 800 and it was close!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anything more than 2" and you'll need a throttle extension and longer brake line. best way stand up on the sled, feet down in the lowest part running board, and measure from centre of your curled up hand to the bar, that will give you the extension number you need. do it right and you'll never have a aching back and have way more fun.;)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My advice is to listen to that guy ^^^^ and don't cheap out on cable extensions. If you want to cheap out, I can send you a picture of what will happen. $50 now or $1000 later, your choice.

If your sled is revving up when you turn the bars, you need a longer cable.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" max on zx INC pivot riser.

best setup is 4" block 1.25" pivot riser total 5.25" rise. 8" on a zx is to much you can not throw the machine around properly IMO. i have a friend with an 8" and a friend with a 5" both are 7' tall..LOL...throttle brake and wiring extensions are required. the pivot riser changes your position on the machine..for the better.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put a 3" ole's riser on my 01 summit it moved the bars straight up.the riser has a angled bottom so it move's the bars straight up.I'm 6ft 2" and it is perfect height.no extending wires cables or brake hose.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rev flat bar. 8 inch riser. Pivot ass'y. Longer brake line and stock throttle cable. I'm 6 foot and it is perfect.

DSC00271.jpg

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys,
just did a quick measurment and i figure a 6 inch pivot riser plus the pivot mounting bracket (total 7.5 inches) will be plenty. right now there is a 2 inch block which will come off. throttle and brake line extensions i can get but just wondering about the wiring. will it to need to be extended? if so how do you do it... id hate to just cut and solder in longer wires.:nono::mad:

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also i'd like to keep the same padded velcro pouch thing on the handle bars.. is this possible?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:but i like my headlights and kill switch!!... and heated grips lol:confused:

Top Bottom