You need a twin air or your king will blow!!!

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
I've read this over and over because people say the stock air filter has a design flaw where the bottom doesnt fit tight against the air box and it lets dust under it.

One of the first things I did when i got my King Quad 750 was put a nice thick bead of grease all around the bottom of the air filter and then put it back together and snugged it up good. I then took the filter off and observed the grease pattern. It appears that there would be no way anything was getting under that filter.

Also, I would think that the OEM filter would filter more debris than any high flow, low resistance Twin Air, Uni or K&N. I'm more interested in nice clean air than high flow and horsepower.

Am i actually being bad to my new toy by not running a Twin Air?

Thanks

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the air filters where changed in 2008. Before that year there was a problem with the filters (not sure if Suzuki will openly admit to the problem) as you described and many people went to the twin air filters.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big problem with air filters on IIRC 2004 to 2008 models of suzuki.

I run a twin air right now with belray foam filter oil and it flows very well and the oil keeps out the dirt. You can also use Uni filter,.. but make sure you use only foam filter oil and not anything else.

Last edited:

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
I did some reading and apparently Suzuki did change the air filter for 2008. Has anyone had issued with this new filter?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the twin air kit for my 08 king. Actually I found it a bit boggy at first but after the air filter oil I sprayed it with tacked up nicely, the bog went away. With that said, the parts guy I usually deal with in town here told me that when the king quad first came out, there was an issue with them bogging. Guys were putting on the twin air kit and the bog went away, go figure. I was unaware that there was an updated air filter:confused:? I put approx 400kms on my KQ with the stock engine and filter setup with no issues. And that is over a wide variety of conditions.

With the VDI ecu, twin air kit, epi clutch kit and M109R injector I've found that my KQ is definitely a different machine from stock. It might not be as snappy as some of it's V-Twin competitors but it will still lift the front end up with ease and hold its own in the mud:D
:twocents:

Top Bottom