Yamaha Phazer Tunnel Close-Off Kit

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that are interested, Yamaha now has a kit available to close off the tunnel hole in the 07 and 08 Phazer. The kit also includes the exhaust heat shrouds that are on the 09 Phazer. The part number is 90891-50152-00 and retails for $89.99. I ordered the kit, and I should have it in a week. I’ll post some pictures when I install it.:beer:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome, I look forward to seeing the results! Think it would be safe to use this even with a Turbo installed?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome, I look forward to seeing the results! Think it would be safe to use this even with a Turbo installed?

I don’t know for sure, but I think it should. I saw a turbo Phazer at a dealer with a close-off plate installed. They said the plate came with the turbo kit. The turbo was a MCX I believe.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was a extra with the kit. Yes you need the plate because the aircleaner is right there.

I don’t know for sure, but I think it should. I saw a turbo Phazer at a dealer with a close-off plate installed. They said the plate came with the turbo kit. The turbo was a MCX I believe.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got the close-off kit today. There are 11 parts to the kit including various pieces of reflective tape and insulation. I’m going to start installing it tonight. More pictures to come.:beer:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thats a lot more parts than i had imagined. Seems like a much better deal for 90 vs what i thought it had, ie a piece of aluminum and some heat tape.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, there are a lot of parts. Makes the price tag a bit easier to swallow. Well I’ve made some progress but I hit a bit of a snag. I got most of the heat tape on and the plate riveted on except at the front. The seat frame is covering a lot of the plate and there is no way I can get my rivet gun in there. So instead of dismantling half of the sled, I’m going to bolt in the front 4 holes in the plate.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finished up today by installing the heat shield between the exhaust and seat. Everything fit quite well. I am confident in saying this kit has likely eliminated any chance of melting any plastic by closing off the tunnel.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the point of the phazer while theres a wonderful rmk sitting there? you should turbo the phazer lol

lol The Phazer is my wife’s sled. She’s never been on a sled before. I’m hoping it will be a good one to start out on. The RMK is all mine!:d

Steve,
I had Riverside order in the kit, but any Yamaha dealer can get it.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i might not be ordering this kit. I found it online here but its now $252 dollars!!!!!

I hope that this is a typo or something, ill have to call tomorrow and find out. If its not im not going to be very happy with yamaha since it was 90 dollars last year.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i googled the part number and it sent me to the same website. Only the price shows 90 on the google cache so it looks like it went up 160 dollars! @#$! am i pissed off right now, what a rip off!

Egon

Reaction score
It´s still 90 dollars in Sweden, ordered one yeasterday.
Check this link, it might help you

Nightowl08

Reaction score
Man I really apreciate your post. I have an 07 FX and the damn thing is awesome expect the 30lbs of ice that builds up. I had to call 8 dealerships b4 I could locate the kit, so not just any dealership will have it. $85 out the door. I will get my kit this weekend and hopefully have it installed Saturday night. Guy said a hour and a half should be it. Thanks again man. NO MORE ICE haha 4 stroke baby ! ! :cool:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i googled the part number and it sent me to the same website. Only the price shows 90 on the google cache so it looks like it went up 160 dollars! @#$! am i pissed off right now, what a rip off!

Steve,

Have you talked to a Yamaha dealer yet? Give them the part number and they can give you their price. I wouldn’t be surprised if the website was wrong.

gmac

Reaction score
Port Yamaha (usa) on totally Yamaha shows it for $71.68. Now you will have to factor in the exchange, shipping, gst, "customs handling fee" etc.

Top Bottom