XP Summit and V force

Chemical

Reaction score
I have a 09 Summit X154 with a MBRP can and a DJ clutch kit and am considering buying a V force reed valve kit. Is it worth the purchace and is there an improvement in the performance with the reeds?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put reeds in my brothers XP, I think it was worth the $300, real bugger to install though. If ya do it your self dont take the nuts all the way off of the jack shaft bracket or you will lose the bolts and have to pull the track to get them back in.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably 3-4 hours the first time ya do it. I think I could do it in 2 hours now that I now how. I'm guessing here though as we did this job in part with a head replacment as well.

Chemical

Reaction score
Im considering doing pistons and heads as well. What kind did you do? Im looking at either the drop in kit from RK Tec or just a head replacement from Specialty.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im considering doing pistons and heads as well. What kind did you do? Im looking at either the drop in kit from RK Tec or just a head replacement from Specialty.

We did V-force, DJ clutch kit , vent kit "DooTalk guy" , specailty can, and a MOTTs head. Very happy with Motts head very nice workman ship. Also the DJ kit was a great mod. This is on a 08,800X 163.

XP154

Reaction score
I have made one trip to the mountains with the v-force reeds, dyno-port pipe, y-pipe, even though I did not really notice any hp difference I definatly noticed a huge difference in throttle response, would recommend.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have made one trip to the mountains with the v-force reeds, dyno-port pipe, y-pipe, even though I did not really notice any hp difference I definatly noticed a huge difference in throttle response, would recommend.

I for one am not sold on the pipe yet, I can see the difference in the y-pipe. But their is not much room in the bay for big pipe gains. I think ceramic coating the stock pipe and removing the cover is a soild option IMO. I think the reeds are a worth the money, not to start a reed debate again. Been really happy with the Motts head, runs cooler and good HP gain.IMO

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Impact Coatings. #780-455-8628. 15915-121a ave edmonton.They do nice work for ceramic coating.

Chemical

Reaction score
With doing new heads, can a person get away with running pumped 91 octane from the city gas stations, or should I be looking in running mixed?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With doing new heads, can a person get away with running pumped 91 octane from the city gas stations, or should I be looking in running mixed?

We have been putting in 1 gallon of c12 per tank if riding around Red Deer to be safe. We still run a gallon per tank in the Mountains but its only to be sure that if we got really bad gas we would be OK, not really needed in the mountains. Cheap insurance! or peace of mind what ever you want to call it!

Top Bottom