XM after market front bumper options

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact this bumper works good. I watched a buddy do a huge jump and didn't take off in the right spot and ended up landing right in front of a tree. It was about 5" in diameter and he just went right through it with no problems at all. It exploded the tree like it wasn't even there. Well I shouldn't say no problems. The sled and him where going end over end down the hill once he hit it but 0 damage to the sled. I was sold on that bumper after I saw that. I couldn't believe it.

^^^^ bull****...

:nopics::nopics:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Skinz on the front of my XM. It hasn't busted anything else up yet, but I prefer to go around trees than through them. It looks nice and to be honest, that's mostly why it's on the front of the sled. It's heavier than stock by about a pound. I'm not sure this one could do a whole bunch of damage. It's attached the same way the stock bumper is, and even that isn't really too much. I could see the attachment points folding before the module does.

Attachments

• 20140111_155344.jpg
    20140111_155344.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 175

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
I like the accessory brp bumper, it looks like it will still collapse on a big hit. I've see the steel skin bumpers break the cast tab that the bumper bolts to. I dont think I would install a bumper that ties into the module. way to time consuming to change out and to hard to try and ide out if it's broken and mangled. I'd much rather change some plastic and a pipe, and if it's that bad I carry enough tools to hot change pipes if theres to big a climb to get out with a smashed pipe. I spray painted my bumper, but I shouldn't have gone white it doesn't look to good now tat it's tree and willow bashed

Attachments

• WP_000037.jpg
    WP_000037.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 164

Dlo

Reaction score
I like the bro accesorie bumper, whacked a tree pretty good last Sunday held up nicely, and I like how it covers more of the front, looks more appealing in person...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 165
Top Bottom