wilderness riding

lavigne25

Reaction score
anyone know of a good place for wilderness riding with no sand and not just hills ,but would like a good mixture hills and flat and dont mind the mud but dont like muskeg any suggestions?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Anywhere in the foothills, Nordegg area, Cadomin, Cardinal River, Macloed river, Robb, Rocky Mountain House.check out some of these wilderness quad trips.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere in the foothills, Nordegg area, Cadomin, Cardinal River, Macloed river, Robb, Rocky Mountain House.check out some of these wilderness quad trips.

I agree with rubirose on this one, however most of these areas you will also run into spots with muskeg, your'e in Alberta muskeg is almost everywhere. Most times there is a way around the swampy areas, other than that these areas have evrything you want and more, great vista views as well!!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ruby falls trip..if yer fraid of the skeg..stay on the bridges:d:beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Most of the skeg on these trails are pretty easy to get through. My hubby doesn't like skeg either and we usually don't have any real trouble. If you ride with Polaris' let them go first, they are sure to find the weakest spot to cross because of their weight.LOL

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
ruby falls trip..if yer fraid of the skeg..stay on the bridges:d:beer:

stay on the bridges anyway! the bridges were built there by Sustainable Resources to keep quads and dirt bikes out of the muskeg so that we don't disturb the watercourse.they spent alot of time and money in that whole Cardinal River area to try and preserve it and we will lose our privileges to ride in this area if peeps don't use the bridges.rant over.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not just there.. if there is a bridge use it..it would have been built for a reason..i agree with ya bud:beer:,,i always curse those jeep peeps and then to sit and watch a quad rip it up just pizzez me off..

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
:beer:I don't understand why jeeps are allowed in that area anyway. My wife and i were riding into Ruby when we ran into the fishcop (sustainable resources) and he had just finished spreading seed on the muskeg, next to the bridge between the upper and lower lakes,to try and get the moss and foilage to grow back to it's natural state. The bridges are not big enough for jeeps anyway. STAY OUT THEN. He also mentioned at that time that if the bikes and quads don't stay out of the skeg, they will close it to all offhighway vehicles. It's a beautiful area and would to lose it over stupidity.:rant:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
As far as I know the jeeps are only allowed on the large main trail until where the Southesk trail starts. They are not allowed on the smaller trails in the area.

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Ya well when we ran into them there was a group of about 6 or 7. One of them being stuck in a deep hole on the trail between the lakes and the falls. I stopped and talked to them and they figured they had as much right being out there as me.I couldn't believe the mess they made in the skeg between the upper lake and the riverbed trail. Oh well enjoy it while we can.

Top Bottom