Who's running 28' Zillas on a stock 14' Commander

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 28" on mine dude, they only rub when wheels are cranked sideways and suspension is fully compressed on the front. like climbing out of off camber ditches and stuff. ordered a new set of 28" mega mayhems from Caldwell to put on, should be here soon.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I do drive slow...this isn't no RZR man. teeroy, I'll call Trent for tires soon. Can you bring me them down for the campout? Or is he coming? I might have room in my site.

if that don't work out Darcy let me know. he can put them on finning truck to me, and I can bring em the rest of the way too.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do drive slow...this isn't no RZR man. teeroy, I'll call Trent for tires soon. Can you bring me them down for the campout? Or is he coming? I might have room in my site.
I'm working on getting him to come, he hasn't given me a for sure answer yet. but either way we'll get ya looked after.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you coming down again this year Tee?
I'm pretty sure we'll come down, Lori and the boys had a great time last year.

Trent is a major sponsor of the Hawg Flatts rally in Athabasca and it falls on the same weekend, he supplies the water truck for keeping the dust down at the event so if he gets busy at that time he may have to drive the water truck himself and won't be able to come to Rocky. if it stays quiet he'll be able to send one of his guys to do it.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we'll come down, Lori and the boys had a great time last year.

Trent is a major sponsor of the Hawg Flatts rally in Athabasca and it falls on the same weekend, he supplies the water truck for keeping the dust down at the event so if he gets busy at that time he may have to drive the water truck himself and won't be able to come to Rocky. if it stays quiet he'll be able to send one of his guys to do it.
I don't think he likes me

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I don't recall being moody that day...must have been that time of the month
:Happy4: he's still razzin' me for saying something to you. I told him to stop with the high school chit. but if you would stop being such a moody pr!ck we wouldn't have these situations....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what suspension is on your commander? and what tires do you have now on it?

i mean zilla's are a great light tire... lightest mud/ general trail tire around. its not in the tires that you will find an improvement.. its more in the suspension that will improve riding better then a lumber wagon.... but once you say what you have now... more suggestions could be given here...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
what suspension is on your commander? and what tires do you have now on it?

i mean zilla's are a great light tire... lightest mud/ general trail tire around. its not in the tires that you will find an improvement.. its more in the suspension that will improve riding better then a lumber wagon.... but once you say what you have now... more suggestions could be given here...
Like my first post says...its a 2014 Stock XTP so it comes with fox podium. Stock means stock bighorn 2's. I'm coming from RZR's which I know have superior handling. I now have 1800 Kms on this "lumber wagon" lol and I've run through every shock setting and tire pressure there is and have it dialed in as close I I can to my riding style ( relatively fast ). Still not great but handling is decent. Time for tires. Bead locks are stock.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28" Zillas on my '14 Commander XT with 2" RacerTech lift and dual-rate springs. No complaints here, but the tires definitely did not improve the ride quality. A little to moderately worse than Bighorn 2.0s in all but deep mud.

Top Bottom