Who owns a 2001 Suzuki King Quad 300 4x4 on here?

Mehoe

Reaction score
Who owns one and how many miles does yours have and how is yours holding up? On mine I have just cleaned the carb and upgraded the tires to ITP Mud Lites. The oil rings are starting to go have to do a top end rebuild soon :( . It has 3400km's. The only mod mine has is the Diff Lock Mod.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a suzuki quad master 500cc year 2000 the front bearings are shot on it just wondering if i need any special tools to get the done.i have done cars before are they similar.

Mehoe

Reaction score
Have yet to had to do a wheel bearing change on any of my ATV's (knock on wood). Take a look on YouTube they have a lot of helpful videos.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Those 300 r little tanks, i had a buddy who pullred out moose from the bush with one of those, and on another occasion three bucks. Two of the bucks had their hind legs tied to the r rack while the smaller buck was laid across front rack to keep the machine's front end down.

Wheel bearings r easy on a 500, no special tools, just a couple sockets, a ratchet, sum allen keys, a good hammer and a punch. Ive done wheel bearings on a 500 before and it only took me 45 mins. IMO= very easy.

Mehoe

Reaction score
Wouldn't doubt that it pulled the moose and two bucks out, my little 300 is a tank aswell. It has pulled my 750 pound Arctic Cat 650 V2 out of a mess before and has pulled my Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O out multiple times. All the times with very little effort just put in super low and diff lock on. :D

Mehoe

Reaction score
Exactly i wish they still made this tank, or at least added super low to kings,

I wish I knew why they quit the whole super low range. It was really good to have lots of torque for those sticky situations. Wasn't the king quad 300 the only atv made to have the super low gearing?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 1999 300 KQ 4x4, too heavy and no power,. sold it with 2500km for $4000 back in spring of 2009.

Thinking I should have kept it, but the $$$ I couldn't pass up.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I had a 1999 300 KQ 4x4, too heavy and no power,. sold it with 2500km for $4000 back in spring of 2009.

Thinking I should have kept it, but the $$$ I couldn't pass up.

R u serious? 600 pounds was too heavy, of course it has no power, its a 300, ur centrifugal must have been grooved and slipping.

I wish I knew why they quit the whole super low range. It was really good to have lots of torque for those sticky situations. Wasn't the king quad 300 the only atv made to have the super low gearing?

I think ur correct, it was the only one w super low gearing. I w2ish they would bring back the 5-speed shifter w super low on the new kings. A 15speed manual shift 750 King Quad would b nice:d:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I had a 2000 or 2001 LT300 King quad, the last year they were made anyway...

When I went to riverside to buy it the salesman was questioning why the 300 was my preferance, I told him that from my experience with surveying in the bush nothing else compared....

When my buddy bought his A/C 500 we hooked up tug-o-war style and my little 300 drug his arse all over the place, he took it back and traded for a 500 vinson the next day....

Mine was stolen with my truck about 4 years ago...got the truck back but the quad was never found.

that thing went ANYWHERE, weighed a ton and when it was stuck it was stuck but that didn't happen often. I had guys laugh at me and say "that little 300 ain't gonna be able to make it" as I drove thru holes they were stuck in only to winch them out from the other side..... super low-diff lock..wow.

Best machine ever built....

Top Bottom