who has good whitecourt updates

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some decent snow fairly close to Whitecourt but poor conditions close to town. Tom Hill Tower area and towards
Swan Hills have some rideable snow. Recent rain did not help any.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The goose got a half a foot last night and this morning, around here in wct sucks bad after the rain, wasn't enough in my opinion for a mtn sled b4 the rain so its real bad now

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Old Mountain Man said, there WAS enough to ride south of town a ways,(put on about 70km on Sat) but after the rain who knows? Probably got close to 3/4" of rain...followed by almost as much snow.:(

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates for the the area around Eagle River staging area. Since there isn't any snow around Edmonton I want to take my daughter out on her 120 the week after Christmas. Not looking for epic snow, just need enough for my daughter to have fun, and enough not to destroy my sled. Is it worth heading there, Goat Creek staging area, or should I be looking at Swan Hills? With a 5 year old I'm looking for a staging area with some amenities.

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates for the the area around Eagle River staging area. Since there isn't any snow around Edmonton I want to take my daughter out on her 120 the week after Christmas. Not looking for epic snow, just need enough for my daughter to have fun, and enough not to destroy my sled. Is it worth heading there, Goat Creek staging area, or should I be looking at Swan Hills? With a 5 year old I'm looking for a staging area with some amenities.

try trailseekers, way closer than whitecourt or swan area, i am about 6 miles east of there and we have about 4-6" on the ground so enough you wont burn down a mountain sled, but little enough she can ride the 120 no problem, as well they have a few ditches/ beaver dams etc that can drift up pretty good might be ok as well for the bigger sled.

Garret_Volden

Reaction score
there is about 8-12 inches by eagle river staging area. i go there to test drive cars all the time and there is always a couple trailers of sleds. the ditches are all filled with sled tracks and it was snowing a bit today again. definitely enough for you and your daughter.

we also did the trail from the airport to goodwin lake and it was pretty decent. but that was two weekends ago it has melted alot since then

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter has been sick all week but is finally good to go. Any updates on Whitecourt or trailseekers?

Top Bottom