Whitecourt Trail Maintenance

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=3]Target "100"[/h]THERE ARE 465 KMs OF TRAILS TO CLEAR BEFORE THE SNOW COMES AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Top 10 Reasons to come trail cleaning November 5th

10. Golf Course is closed
9. Need pictures for Travel Alberta Brochure
8. Chance to wear a cool orange vest
7. Gets you and the kids off the couch and out in the fresh air to spend some quality time getiing stuck together
6. Muskeg jumping is an introductory sport at the 2020 Olympics (You could have a chance at a medal).
5. Beats vacuuming
4. Chet has a new Rhino we can all test drive and NASCAR is on Sunday
3. Your new chainsaw that you bought last year for trail cleaning hasn't been used this year and the gas is getting old
2. Chance so see.......in person.....how Randy gets himself into those famous predicaments that you've heard about and seen on YouTube
And the #1 reason.......
1. If we get enough volunteers Saturday, You won't have to trail clean on Sunday!

See you all at the Ritz, Saturday November 5th @ 8:00am

Any questions? Please contact Ken Linford @ 780-778-0043 or Dan Guenette @ 780-778-0974.
[h=3]Early Bird Trail Pass Incentive[/h]Purchase your Trailblazers Trail Pass and Membership before January 1st, 2012
and you have the chance to win your money back! Purchase now at IGA, Adrenaline Powersports,RPM Powersports, Whitecourt Motor Sports and Marine, Pro-Tech, Mohawk First Choice Truck and Car Wash,Co-operators and most club members. Buy your annual trail pass for $70 or before January 1st for $60. Trailblazer membership is $15 per person or family.

[h=4]Don't forget....[/h]....to stay up to date with all of the latest Whitecourt Trailblazers' News, visitwww.whitecourttrailblazers.ca. Once the season starts, trail conditions and event details are updated regularly.

WHITECOURT TRAILBLAZERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB
Box 607 Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N7
Email whitecourttrailblazers@hotmail.com

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey how is the muskeg freezing up out there? Creeks frozen??

Good luck on your trailwork

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=3]Target "Get Er Done"[/h]We're almost there Trailblazers!

We just had a very sucessfull weekend of trailcleaning and even some award winning "UFC Tree Fights"!
After 2 days and approximately 450 VOLUNTEER HOURS we have over 400km cleared
and ready for snow. Thank you so much to all of you who are now supporting the local
drugstores in record A535 sales!

But, we're not done yet. We still have approximately 65km to go, wood to haul and one beautiful new outhouse to setup on the trail system......and we need you!

Friday, November 11th & Saturday, November 12th 8:00am at the Ritz

Hope to see you all there for the last time until we're all meeting there with our sleds!

Any questions? Please contact Ken Linford @ 780-778-0043 or Dan Guenette @ 780-778-0974

Meeting Reminder:

The regular General Trailblazers meeting is on Wednesday, November 9th at the Whitecourt Legion (downstairs)@7:30pm.

Lest We Forget

Members, when your are out on the trails on the 11th day at the 11 hour or where ever you may be, do not forget those who have gave so much and continue to give for our freedom. Please remember to take a moment of silence.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and cleared some trees from the trail to the Gundy cabin on Friday. Groomer was out last week and groomed pretty much everything north of the Athabasca except the Gundy trail. Went for a ride today, was nice 4" of fresh on top of groomed. There are some trees down between the Carson Cabin and the Blue ridge haul road on the triangle towards Swan Hills. Hopefully there will be enough snow left next weekend to get out and clear them so it can be groomed. Snow off the trail is still a little thin and there is a crust from the rain that we got last night with the snow. If anyone comes across obstructions on the trail that can't be moved please contact the club through the web site or PM myself, old mountain man or brew_doo.

coopzero

Reaction score
what is the snow like out there? thinking of heading to the poker rally next weekend, but want to make sure its gonna be worth the trip. thanks

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the snow like out there? thinking of heading to the poker rally next weekend, but want to make sure its gonna be worth the trip. thanks
The trails are holding up very well considering the mild temps lately. We were out yesterday and the Summit Trail is in great shape. I heard 'snow' in the forecast for Friday too.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got ourselves a little lost on sunday after staging at the eagle tower road, when we hit the Golden triangle trail and found the maps it got us back to rights again. The part of the trail that we were on was in very good condition. We did go down one side trail that was marked only to find that the area had been logged and that they had piled the slash on the trail with no way around which got us lost again. I do have one beef, what is wrong with the idiots with guns that have to shoot up the metal maps? Sharpest tool in the shed you are not! Well at least I got to use my trail pass somewhere this year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Got ourselves a little lost on sunday after staging at the eagle tower road, when we hit the Golden triangle trail and found the maps it got us back to rights again. The part of the trail that we were on was in very good condition. We did go down one side trail that was marked only to find that the area had been logged and that they had piled the slash on the trail with no way around which got us lost again. I do have one beef, what is wrong with the idiots with guns that have to shoot up the metal maps? Sharpest tool in the shed you are not! Well at least I got to use my trail pass somewhere this year.

Happens on every trail, whether its the map, or the trail signs, they make good targets for practice I guess..... Not sure why they feel the need to shoot them up, but some of them end up with nothing left by the time the guys with guns are done!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the new signs were shot within days of installing last fall. People are retards, some of them have guns.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=2][/h]Trails to the south of Whitecourt are icy and quad traffic has caused many ruts, use extreme caution. Remember that the trails are for snowmobile use in the winter, not wheeled vehicles. All the money and time spent grooming for sleds is destroyed when wheeled vehicles go on the trails.

Top Bottom