Whitecourt 2011 Family Rally

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feb 19 and 20
Whitecourt Seniors Hall-downtown for registration
PreRegistration Friday for Saturdays Ride:5pm to 9pm
Saturday 8am to 11am registration. Preregistration on Sat for Sunday's ride 5pm to 6pm.
Sunday 8am to 11am
Hands must be in by 4pm to win prizes.
Cash and prizes for men and women.
Lunch available at Seniors Hall and snacks at some checkpoints. Fuel not available.
Routes will be posted at hall and trails marked. Approximately 75-100 km on a different route each day. Ride one day or both days.
$10 per poker hand for ASA members.
$15 per day trail pass for non-ASA members.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume whitecourt has enough snow this year? Me and my brother (work2ride) will most likely be attending!

Yup, 2' or so... no base. Theres enough that the groomer operator had to drop the drag down south towards Tom Hill Tower road and pack track with the Snowcat.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
Can Quads come and play too? I have a friend who wants me to come for a ride on this one.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raining right now, going to clear some trees on the triangle tomorrow, we'll see how things are then...Pretty icy I'd wager

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the snow good? got any pics!

coming from gp, wanna make sure its worth while!

All of the trails are in excellent shape. Should be a great rally with Saturdays loop being on our new Goodwin Lake trail. Very hilly and twisty trail - tons of fun. The snow off trail is a little bit crusty from all of the recent warm weather but still some of it untouched and definitely rideable. The weather looks like it is going to co-operate too.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of the trails are in excellent shape. Should be a great rally with Saturdays loop being on our new Goodwin Lake trail. Very hilly and twisty trail - tons of fun. The snow off trail is a little bit crusty from all of the recent warm weather but still some of it untouched and definitely rideable. The weather looks like it is going to co-operate too.

the river look like it had open spot..how is it actually??

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the river look like it had open spot..how is it actually??

McLeod and Athabasca are fine. The groomer has been accross quite a few times on the Mcleod and has a great trail packed. I am sure we will be ribboning it off so everyone stays on the trail. Was a little sloppy on the edges of the river with overflow on Friday but will be cooler this week so will be all good for the weekend.

SwampRat

Reaction score
sounds like its going to be great. tonykoss and i will be their. allready booked a room at the nova. hopeing for some more snow.hope everyone has fun and be safe.hope to see lots of snow n mudders out on the trail.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a wee Reminder

The Whitecourt Trailblazers' Family Poker Rally is held each year on the Family Day long weekend.

Follow the signs to the Whitecourt Seniors Circle (Downtown Whitecourt) for parking and registration. Ride Saturday, Sunday or both days with 75-100km on a different route each day. The routes will be posted at the Seniors Circle and trails will be marked.

SATURDAY'S RIDE | February 19
Pre-register Friday from 5pm-9pm or Saturday 8am-11am

SUNDAY'S RIDE | February 20
Pre-register Saturday from 5pm-6pm or Sunday 8am-11am

» HANDS MUST BE IN BY 4PM TO WIN PRIZES
» CASH & PRIZES FOR MEN & WOMEN
» LUNCH AVAILABLE AT SENIORS CIRCLE
» SNACKS AT SOME CHECKPOINTS
» FUEL IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE TRAIL

Already an ASA member? $10 PER POKER HAND
Not an ASA member? $15 PER ASA DAY PASS + $10 PER HAND

» Each poker hand includes a ticket for Sled Raffle 2011!
» Additional tickets can be purchased for $5 while available.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the groomer going down the McLeod River this morning at 6:30, crossing the Athabasca River, and headed out to groom the Athabasca Loop trail for the Sunday route of the rally this weekend. The trail was looking nice and smooth and should set up very well with the cooler day today. :d

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dress warm gang,will be 30 below Sat Morning.see ya on the trail,not leaving the seniors circle till 11.00 am

The pending cold weather is not stopping people from coming out. Registration is pretty steady.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had about 400 brave souls out on the trails for the rally Saturday, flippin' cold!!! Looking to be quite a bit warmer Sunday. Hope to see you out. Still a 2011 Polaris 800 pro 154 to be won.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rally was great,best trails yet,and I have been going there since day one.

heres my brother and I, we go every yr,I am in the orange suit.

Attachments

• George & I Feb 20-2011.jpg
    George & I Feb 20-2011.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom