Whistler this year??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any point in trying to ride there this year with the Olympics in town??

Or is it going to be a Gong Show?? And probably No where to stay...:(

bones01

Reaction score
well...I think it would be a gong show. no place to stay tripple the cost if you do. travel nightmare, one car accident and the highway is done. i like to ride Brohm ridge but not this year. i'm riding Baker this year and giving the ice caps a rest. probably be great riding though not many on the trails. Hard to say... there was a motorcycle accident on the weekend and it caused long line ups on the hwy. i think it shut it down.:confused:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh gotta agree. That highway is goin to be a chit show come olympic time. I drove up to whistler from van. a couple weeks ago when i was out there. was going to do the peak to peak tram thing. left Van at 2:00 finally got to whistler a 5:30. it sucked hard.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah there probably won't be to many people riding there this year...hmmm
It would be nice to have the whole place to ourselves.....:cool:

Probably still not worth the ch!t show$ though...i'll have to think about this
one...it's a long ass drive for me...

bones01

Reaction score
YA thats a long drive for shure. May i suggest riding just north of there Taylor basin or Slim creek (gas drop and guide recommended) accomadations at morrow chalets or tyax resort

buddies ran slim creek 2 years ago said Wicked, 450kms in 2 days not a soul nor a track around. never talked to anyone thats riden taylor basin but the pics on the tyax site make it look good. wanted to rent morrow chalets last year and ride there but i was out voted. buddy rented the chalets this year for atving,the small one. said they where great. price was good beautiful inside. maybe look into those spots, there basically north of whistler.

just a thought:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA thats a long drive for shure. May i suggest riding just north of there Taylor basin or Slim creek (gas drop and guide recommended) accomadations at morrow chalets or tyax resort

buddies ran slim creek 2 years ago said Wicked, 450kms in 2 days not a soul nor a track around. never talked to anyone thats riden taylor basin but the pics on the tyax site make it look good. wanted to rent morrow chalets last year and ride there but i was out voted. buddy rented the chalets this year for atving,the small one. said they where great. price was good beautiful inside. maybe look into those spots, there basically north of whistler.

just a thought:beer:

Thanks Alot.I will check into that Area. There is tons of great riding that is
way closer to me, but I always like to try out new areas .

Im also thinking about doing a spring trip to the yukon,but thats another story.:beer:

Top Bottom