Where to Wake board

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to fort sask area, purchased a four winns ss 2 summers ago...anything close by that stays relativly calm to get the girl in the water?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
behind a boat.................

however i have seen it done behind a sled. but that only works in saskatchewan i think lol. 1 guy was even pulling 2 skiers with a 800 summit zx chassis.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is cooking lake?
Shallow in a lot of places, hit bottom and wrecked an outboard there a few years back.
Wabumam is good. Wizard is pretty good for a day trip. Pigeon is good early in the year before it turns green.
I heard that Sylvan Lake is wide open, hard to believe for April.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks....wab is a bit of a drive...hows the beach? Is there a campground near the lake?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thanks....wab is a bit of a drive...hows the beach? Is there a campground near the lake?

beach is alright early in the season... but it's in a bay so as the summer moves on there is little movement in the bay and swimmers itch is common.

The campground however is very nice, Wabamun provincial park, and it has a nice launch, once you get out of the bay the water is clean & clear... we usually go out as a group, drop anchor over by the golf course, 2 1/2 feet of water with sand bottom... from there the guys will take turns hauling the tubes around....

Can't ask for much more in the way of summer fun....

She comes out this weekend........:d:d

four winns.jpg

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Pigeon Lake is where we go

have you been there the last few years???? i wouldnt go in....water's aglea'd to hell, dirty looking, and i hear this year is agin another record low......i used to love pigeon, launched there last year and wasnt impressed,,,,i have been hearing people are selling off boats and lifts this year due to the chitty condintions......

wabamun really isnt all that far from the fort man....take hwy 37- 43....down to 16 and your looking at bearly over an hour....no so bad....i've been to most of the lakes around in the last few years ant it is by far the best for boating anywhere near edm....JMO...

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
if your from the fort go north east there are tons of great lakes for wake boarding as for us we go to jackfish on wed nights it's right at hwy 43 and yellowhead. only 10 min drive.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you been there the last few years???? i wouldnt go in....water's aglea'd to hell, dirty looking, and i hear this year is agin another record low......i used to love pigeon, launched there last year and wasnt impressed,,,,i have been hearing people are selling off boats and lifts this year due to the chitty condintions......

wabamun really isnt all that far from the fort man....take hwy 37- 43....down to 16 and your looking at bearly over an hour....no so bad....i've been to most of the lakes around in the last few years ant it is by far the best for boating anywhere near edm....JMO...

I couldnt agree more. Well put.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your from the fort go north east there are tons of great lakes for wake boarding as for us we go to jackfish on wed nights it's right at hwy 43 and yellowhead. only 10 min drive.

I live 10 min from this little jem and even i spent more time at Wabamun. That launch is in dire need of some help for us guys with bigger boats. I read an article in the Examiner as the County is trying to get permission to improve the launch area. Youd think with all the money floatin around those cabin owners they would help kick in some money.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

I didn't even know there was a lake there..............:confused::confused:

Anyone know what Devils lake is like to launch into?????

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You better check before going just heard a rumor from a guy this weekend that the public launch is closed to the public, not sure second hand info.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jack fish never had a good launch from what i remember. charge ya like 5 bucks. wayyyyy better to go to wab. cleaner way bigger and best launches anywhere within 100 mile radius that i have seen. except for the seba side

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats cool, but as showtime said is it going to be a public one?

Top Bottom