Where is the best place to buy short block?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be getting mine from Martin. Blew up another crank on the weekend, that is now three. One at 2025 miles, one at 2075 miles and this was a tougher one at 2103 miles. The only part of the sled that is junk is the crank but at least they are consistant enough to order one ahead of time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be getting mine from Martin. Blew up another crank on the weekend, that is now three. One at 2025 miles, one at 2075 miles and this was a tougher one at 2103 miles. The only part of the sled that is junk is the crank but at least they are consistant enough to order one ahead of time.

Who's doing the install? Nobody can go through 3 cranks in that short of time. Something else is at play here.:confused:
:confused:

nielsy

Reaction score
martin does not give warranty if you install yourself and i would be going through my primary clutch a little more often with that kind of failure

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's doing the install? Nobody can go through 3 cranks in that short of time. Something else is at play here.:confused:
:confused:
That would be milage per each of three motors. The new one gets one year warranty. I was not getting 50 miles per motor, even BRP is a bit better than that.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were treating you right they'd start giving you a short block as an accessory when you buy your Doo 800. LOL. Maybe instead of giving you a cover or a couple jugs of oil or a jacket....... "thanks for your business, here's your short block". Most bigger dealers have to order most parts you need,...... but you'll find most have short blocks in stock. Hmmmm.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were treating you right they'd start giving you a short block as an accessory when you buy your Doo 800. LOL. Maybe instead of giving you a cover or a couple jugs of oil or a jacket....... "thanks for your business, here's your short block". Most bigger dealers have to order most parts you need,...... but you'll find most have short blocks in stock. Hmmmm.

Most dealers have a huge fleet of units from 08-12. Why not have a shortblock on hand? Besides with the huge amount of parts BRP jams the dealers each year with a shortblock eats up alot of dollars and helps with the preseason order process. Besides its not like we have to carry a car load of belts for the Proclimbs like Cat does.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were treating you right they'd start giving you a short block as an accessory when you buy your Doo 800. LOL. Maybe instead of giving you a cover or a couple jugs of oil or a jacket....... "thanks for your business, here's your short block". Most bigger dealers have to order most parts you need,...... but you'll find most have short blocks in stock. Hmmmm.[/QUOTE

I have to put stock head (13:1 presently on) back on and pull the nitrous kit (not used) at Martins shop and they will give one year warranty, mechanic will put all parts in a box for me. Reeds and pipe setup can stay on. They are being pretty good about giving warranty on new motor and been nice to deal with, way better than any experience I've had in St. Albert.
First motor was Doo semisynthetic, second was Amsoil Interceptor and the last one was Doo full synthetic. Brother uses ESSO junk oil and his motors all outlast mine, no more expensive oil on the next motor. Not sure what checking cluthces would do for crank but mine gets redone (min. buttons and bushing) every 100Km and blown out inbetween so there should be no isse there. No isoflex puking from bearing either.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were treating you right they'd start giving you a short block as an accessory when you buy your Doo 800. LOL. Maybe instead of giving you a cover or a couple jugs of oil or a jacket....... "thanks for your business, here's your short block". Most bigger dealers have to order most parts you need,...... but you'll find most have short blocks in stock. Hmmmm.[/QUOTE

I have to put stock head (13:1 presently on) back on and pull the nitrous kit (not used) at Martins shop and they will give one year warranty, mechanic will put all parts in a box for me. Reeds and pipe setup can stay on. They are being pretty good about giving warranty on new motor and been nice to deal with, way better than any experience I've had in St. Albert.
First motor was Doo semisynthetic, second was Amsoil Interceptor and the last one was Doo full synthetic. Brother uses ESSO junk oil and his motors all outlast mine, no more expensive oil on the next motor. Not sure what checking cluthces would do for crank but mine gets redone (min. buttons and bushing) every 100Km and blown out inbetween so there should be no isse there. No isoflex puking from bearing either.

100 km? You mean 1000 right. And that is more than needed IMO.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most dealers have a huge fleet of units from 08-12. Why not have a shortblock on hand? Besides with the huge amount of parts BRP jams the dealers each year with a shortblock eats up alot of dollars and helps with the preseason order process. Besides its not like we have to carry a car load of belts for the Proclimbs like Cat does.

Good try, facts are facts. And just so u understand, pointing out deficiencies in other brands doesn't negate the ones in your own.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good try, facts are facts. And just so u understand, pointing out deficiencies in other brands doesn't negate the ones in your own.

Thats right Lenny. Your the man. An expert on dealerships as well. You are a poor mans Cyle.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats right Lenny. Your the man. An expert on dealerships as well. You are a poor mans Cyle.

And you're a one trick pony whose self motivated reasons for being on this 4m are all to evident. I don't have to actually step in a pile of crap to know what it is. And I don't know cyle but i assume he's someone who disagrees with you so he's obviously an idiot, cause you're all that and a bag of chips. Poke yourself somewhere pal, let your swelled head deflate a bit.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you're a one trick pony whose self motivated reasons for being on this 4m are all to evident. I don't have to actually step in a pile of crap to know what it is. And I don't know cyle but i assume he's someone who disagrees with you so he's obviously an idiot, cause you're all that and a bag of chips. Poke yourself somewhere pal, let your swelled head deflate a bit.

Bawhahaha! Move on troll. Bagging on the Doo guys for being on the Poo threads. What team do you belong to anyway. Kinda of a lost soul aren't you?

Top Bottom