where is cxheapest place to buy warn winches

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Grizz still has one rzrgade , it keeps turning now so i keep it. i won't buy another for this however.

Pulling line on this now is like super a chore but its better than being stuck in the bush. ive replaced 2 other warns on other bikes , this one seized on me like 5-6x before i just went hardcore marine grease on the sun-gears , packed it so tight it was squirting out when i bolted it back up.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My worst luck have been with warn . Best luck with runva . Just put a super atv 4500 on the mav . Badlands are a nice winch too.... Warn imo are way to much $$$ for the name.....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Grizz still has one rzrgade , it keeps turning now so i keep it. i won't buy another for this however.

Pulling line on this now is like super a chore but its better than being stuck in the bush. ive replaced 2 other warns on other bikes , this one seized on me like 5-6x before i just went hardcore marine grease on the sun-gears , packed it so tight it was squirting out when i bolted it back up.

I still have the warn that came in my outlander. Needs a new cable but that thing has always sounded rough.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every part seems to cost 100+ dollars on a warn. I spent way to much on mine, what a noisy growling pile of crap it was....so dam glade to be rid of it. I finally have a quiet dependable winch.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still have the warn that came in my outlander. Needs a new cable but that thing has always sounded rough.

BRP cheaped out on their Warn branded winches. There is no seal kit and they used a composite end housing. The difference between an off the shelf true Warn and the manufacturer branded Warn winches is ridiculous.
They are all good now a days and 75% of winch problems are operator inflicted. How many people actually know what their winches duty cycle is ? Or that a 3000 lb winch is only able to do that with one layer on the drum, not five? How many know when to use a snatch block or how to rig it. Here is an example from a well known brands owner manual.
2680c4bf9a345565fa3738b93bad60b3.jpg

And another
ba788617b1dd8a2b835b1bb76dbb05a1.jpg

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP cheaped out on their Warn branded winches. There is no seal kit and they used a composite end housing. The difference between an off the shelf true Warn and the manufacturer branded Warn winches is ridiculous.
They are all good now a days and 75% of winch problems are operator inflicted. How many people actually know what their winches duty cycle is ? Or that a 3000 lb winch is only able to do that with one layer on the drum, not five? How many know when to use a snatch block or how to rig it. Here is an example from a well known brands owner manual.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/2680c4bf9a345565fa3738b93bad60b3.jpg
And another
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/ba788617b1dd8a2b835b1bb76dbb05a1.jpg

The 4000# BRP Warn winch on my Commander seal kit is $43 from Amazon.ca and all working pieces are metal, other than the teflon drum bushings. Not sure what the better brands use on their ATV winches in regards to this.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/2680c4bf9a345565fa3738b93bad60b3.jpg
And another
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/ba788617b1dd8a2b835b1bb76dbb05a1.jpg
I would be inclined to agree but I know a lot of guys that have bought off the shelf warn and many have already taken them in for warranty. Too many to be comfortable. Guys will say "but its covered under warranty and has lifetime warranty" but after spending 3-4 times as much, warranty doesn't get you out of the bush. I still have one 8274 winch and still say that is the best winch made. Ever. I have had 4 of them. Best winch going. Fastest speed and strong.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they do put on Chinese style warn cheap oh's on all the manufactures brands of atv's and side by side's. What a way to erode your name into the mud. Sooner or later no one will want a warn on anything.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a smitty built into the front of my Mav and a 3500 runva on the rear of the Mav .
The runva is a bit slower but pulls harder than the smitty .
And the smitty split a drum once already . The next one for the front will be a runva again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom