Where do you keep your muffpot?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a Muffpot for xmas, I mounted it on my ceramic pipe knowing it will probably not do it any good, but oh well. Tried it out the other day, bought a farmer sausage coil "at the gas station of course" cut it up in 4 inch lengths, a little snow to help steamer it up. drove for 1/2 hour. I freaking love this thing.

My ? is has anyone tried mounting one up right on their can? Way more room and will not damage expensive pipe. Down fall would be harder to cook some stuff, but I think with mine I going to do the oven bag and parchment paper thing, so being vertical I would think is none issue.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
i got mine on the back of the pipe cut the heatshield off so the pott sits directly on the pipe
works really good for me
only gets loose every once in a while
but couple peeps told me to use turbocharger intercooler clamps since you can tighten the p.. out of those clamps

also seen pictures the other day a guy had a muffpott bolted onto his y-pipe

i dont think putting it on the can will work very well
but i mean give it a try youll never know :beer::beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a Muffpot for xmas, I mounted it on my ceramic pipe knowing it will probably not do it any good, but oh well. Tried it out the other day, bought a farmer sausage coil "at the gas station of course" cut it up in 4 inch lengths, a little snow to help steamer it up. drove for 1/2 hour. I freaking love this thing.

My ? is has anyone tried mounting one up right on their can? Way more room and will not damage expensive pipe. Down fall would be harder to cook some stuff, but I think with mine I going to do the oven bag and parchment paper thing, so being vertical I would think is none issue.

I think that depends on the sled. I'm factory up front and, I keep mine just after the expansion chamber. I have friends up North that I usually ride with, They have '04 rev's, with "NPP" cans, and they keep them close. As far as heating goes.... Only use PAM, no wrap, and when yer getting hungry. Get on the pipe !!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the XP's as there is not much room with the factory pipe. But tons of room if ya have a can.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I've got an XP and I put it back off the expansion pipe and it works great but it's cumbersome to get at. I'm going to try it right on the expansion pipe for easy access. Those things get so hot I don't think it will be a problem. I only use parchment paper and it has worked wonderful!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the guys that i ride with just wrap there food up in tin foil (shrimp, wings) and throw it on the pipe on there xps and the hood holds it down nice, cooks faster then the muff pot

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At night I keep it beside me in bed. :d Sorry, couldn't resist.

Top Bottom