Whats best time of year to go to Valmont ?

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won a trip for 2 from Sno West Magazine last year and wasnt able to go due to accident. Now I can. my Birthdays middle of December.is that good time ,,never been to Mountains before, like to take my son who hasnt either,we both have 800 Polaris MTN sleds now.is there marked trails? have no idea.
The place we won the stay at is inbetween Valemont and Mcbride.
The TerraCana Ranch ..anyone know it?

need all advice possible please gang.Dont really want to go to Mountains,hear to many scary stories! have 40 yrs trail bashing experience,,BUT..no Mtns except little riding at Cadamin with Trapper freind.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine. Lots of good groomed trails into the alpine and lower altitudes all over the McBride/Valemount areas. Check out the destinations area of this website for a ton of good info. Don't be afraid of mountain riding. You can ride in the mountains and at the same time stay away from the dangerous stuff too.

Have fun!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding in the mountains can be a blast. If you don't know anyonewith mountain experience to go with I would get a guide (Snowfarmers)or pm depsnolvr (curtis at varda) that way you won't waste a bunch of time trying to figure out where to go and not get yourself into trouble.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not a problem. areas like renshaw or clemina or allan creek have well marked EASY access trails and allow you to ease into the mountain experience as slowly as you want.

im up every weekend i can show you around if it works out.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
terracana is a nice place to stay. been there once and would recommend it. i believe those guys are on here. valemount has alota areas to enjoy so you should have a blast. if u catch it on a sunny day wit sum fresh powder u will be hooked for life! lol

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won a trip for 2 from Sno West Magazine last year and wasnt able to go due to accident. Now I can. my Birthdays middle of December.is that good time ,,never been to Mountains before, like to take my son who hasnt either,we both have 800 Polaris MTN sleds now.is there marked trails? have no idea.
The place we won the stay at is inbetween Valemont and Mcbride.
The TerraCana Ranch ..anyone know it?

need all advice possible please gang.Dont really want to go to Mountains,hear to many scary stories! have 40 yrs trail bashing experience,,BUT..no Mtns except little riding at Cadamin with Trapper freind.

You will love it here. Terracana is a great place to stay and a good supporter of the sport. Valemount has terrain for all levels and riding abilities. The best part is you can ride and easy trail to the alpine areas and just watch and learn if you like.

Dont be scared of the mountains, they are only as dangerous as you make them. Good decisions go a long way.

Email varda@valemount.com or call 250-566-4817 and I can help answer any of your questions.

See you on the snow !

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my wife out to Bell Mountain for her first trip to the mountains. I'm pretty sure it was Bell. The one just west of McBride. She was on a 380 fan S-2000 and had no trouble there.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year was the year i went you first time was tough,cold and snow was hard pretty much everywhere,as we asked others that were up there.The second time OMG,had 3-4ft of powder and had a blast loved it.Looking forward to going up more this year

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on winning the trip! One thing is make sure you are prepared for the trip, becon, shovel, good clothing and camera at the least. There are many people on here that go out that way every weekend and am sure some will help you out. Depsnolvr would be a great guy to get in touch with. Have a fun trip and as the time gets closer look on the site for those who are going out there the same time may be able to hook up with someone. Have fun and like others have said go once and you'll want to go again!!:d

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, I called Tera Cana today,and she said middle of December might not be enough snow yet,but to call week before I like to come, they have snow reports.
what kinda stuff should we be taking.
gas can for rear rack ,
new shovel already
new flouresent
orange jacket from RPM in Whitecourt.
spare belts?

Top Bottom