What track speeds are you getting with your Nytro Turbo?

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a FANTASTIC weekend trip to Revy plus an extra day at Quartz thanks to the road closures! This was the kind of weekend that makes it all worthwhile. Just curious as to what everyone is getting for track speeds? In about 3 feet of fresh on a steep climb I was able to get steep climbing track speeds of 109 km to 115 km/hr with my Impulse Turbo (race kit) on my Nytro with a 174x2.5 at 17 lbs boost. Snow was on the heavier side but overall I was happy. Was getting 11.7 on the A/F at WOT in the heart of the pull with my Main Fuel setting on my Boost-It set at 67. This was all at about 8350 to 8400 rpm. I was pretty happy, but as always wondering if there's more to be had without going over 17 lbs. Thanks! :)

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Just got back from a FANTASTIC weekend trip to Revy plus an extra day at Quartz thanks to the road closures! This was the kind of weekend that makes it all worthwhile. Just curious as to what everyone is getting for track speeds? In about 3 feet of fresh on a steep climb I was able to get steep climbing track speeds of 109 km to 115 km/hr with my Impulse Turbo (race kit) on my Nytro with a 174x2.5 at 17 lbs boost. Snow was on the heavier side but overall I was happy. Was getting 11.7 on the A/F at WOT in the heart of the pull with my Main Fuel setting on my Boost-It set at 67. This was all at about 8350 to 8400 rpm. I was pretty happy, but as always wondering if there's more to be had without going over 17 lbs. Thanks! :)
That's pretty decent track speed. If you dropped some primary weight and got the rpm to 86-8800 you would pick up some speed.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track speeds are always tricky because of so many variables. My mcx 310 runs 120-125 kmh. 174x16 3" at 19 lbs. your rpm is a bit low. Try for 8800

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the other two post your RPMs are on the low side. You should be looking at 87-8800rpms.
Last time i checked mine it was last season. Was pulling about 120-125km/hr consistantly, tried it several times with similar results every time.
Thats on my Nytro with a 174x2.5x16 and at 18Lbs boost, Boondocker 240 setup.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lund! BTW, I went with the CR 36" +3 front end with Raptor shocks as suggested and absolutely love it! Great handling compared to before. Also changed out the stock skis to the Simmons Gen 3's and did the "Carl's Cut" on them (e.g. took off 1 1/2" on the outside back half of ski's) and really like how they handle too. Overall, a much more fun sled to ride in trees, sidehill, etc. compared to before with the 42" Timbersled front end with original Floats.

Top Bottom