What tires to use in MOAB, UT?

Krazey

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm thinking of going down to Moab in the spring... possibly late spring, and I need some advice from people who have ridden down there. I have a 2011 Arctic Cat 700 LTD that is currently wearing 26" Mudlite XL's. I also have a 2013 Can Am Outlander 800r XT that is wearing the stock tires. For riding on the rock and sand down there I'm not too worried about the Can Am's stock tires. I think those will be fine. But the Mudlites concern me a bit. Really, I'll just be passing through that area and will have AT MOST 2 days of riding. Will the mudlites give poor traction? Will they get worn down excessively on the hot and hard rock? I'm just curious what more experienced people than me have to say about that. Thanks

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big horns or grim reaper do awesome in that terrain and lugs won't get torn up on hot and ragid rocks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Krazey

Reaction score
Big horns or grim reaper do awesome in that terrain and lugs won't get torn up on hot and ragid rocks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yes, from what I can tell Big horns would be ideal. Reapers I'm less familiar with. But do you think the Mud Lite XL's will be adequate, or will they prove to be a serious handicap?

Top Bottom