What size of winch for a RZR

Rockstarz

Reaction score
i got a #4000 Viper Elite winch with wireless remote, snatch block, synthetic rope, wicnch cover, aluminum fairlead shipped to my door in 3 days for $453.00cdn. Check out motoalliance.com

grizlybar

Reaction score
just ordered my 2011 rzr 50" with a 3500 lb polaris winch with synthetic line. hope i am not going to be sorry for that dission will let you know down the rd. wish me luck.

MHC73

Reaction score
4000lb RT Warn with steel line, snatch block, wireless remote. Can never have enough winch and straps.... Had a few in the past with Syth. rope... broke everyone. I like the steel cables better, can be fixed properly if it breaks by the hook.... my 2 cents. Regards Marc

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just ordered my 2011 rzr 50" with a 3500 lb polaris winch with synthetic line. hope i am not going to be sorry for that dission will let you know down the rd. wish me luck.

Good luck with that. I don't have much faith in Warn wannabees. I run a 4000lb warn XT with synthetic line and snatch block. I think anything smaller than a 4000lb on a SXS is to small.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a 3000# Warn on my Rhino. I've been stuck tight mega times and never had an issue winching out. I carry an extra rope and a snatch block and have not used the snatch block yet.

I think winches are like lawn mowers. Every year they come out with a bigger more powerful lawn mower and everyone has to have one. Funny the grass doesn't get any tougher to cut but we need that extra power. :)

jigger

Reaction score
I have a Warn XT 3000 with synthetic rope. It's the multi mount version on a 2 inch receiver. Mount in the front or rear. I also bought a Titan winch 3500 of e bay mounted to the front of the Rhino. I ride alone sometimes and don't want to get stuck if a winch fails. Even with a hand come-along any SXS is heavy. Bring lots of rope, snatch blocks. If I had to do it again I would go with a 4000 I've read good things about the Vipers.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a yamaha with a tow rope should be plenty. To tow the Polaris home that is...

Jk. I wouldn't do anything less then a 4000 on a utv

Rockstarz

Reaction score
I went with the Viper because ive heard nothing but good things, there quality is great along with there customer service. There Elite series come with a 2 year warranty while there Max series are a one year.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can u get a viper 4000# with a wireless remote? I like that idea as I will be the slave on this rig while the wife drives!

Good point on the wireless...You control it

Had a few close call's with wifes rzr as she runs the winch and drives:eek:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let my wife have control of any two of the following items at the same time ,but nefer all three.....
Winch
Throttle
Crown Royal
....lol

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I have the po po 3500lb winch with the rope. I see people don't seem to have much faith in these but I have had zero problems with mine and have used it a lot. Still on org. rope too.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I let my wife have control of any two of the following items at the same time ,but nefer all three.....
Winch
Throttle
Crown Royal
....lol

I let my wife control the crown and once 7 years ago....................I still don't have it back:(

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 3500# from moto alliance viper elite $530 shipped, this is the one with wireless remotes, and i got a flush mount switch...hope it is as good as everyone says..

Top Bottom