What radio?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links to cheap remote speaker mic frogskin covers? I've also got to learn how to upload (same program as older UV-5R ?) the chirp file to a few new 10w Zastone A19 radios.

Programming the Zastone A19 with chirp is not that great, 30% of those radios are duds but the rest sure work good. I have got them to upload using Wouxun KG-UV8D with Chirp. So copy and past the uv-5r using chirp then up load using wouxun, then fix it up using the better Zastone software. And instead of pissing around with mic covers order the wouxun smo-003 mic if you can find one. This picture is all wrong but these are the right mics, they cancel all orders in you try and order the SMO-003 mic from other suppliers.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...249.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4drFUnkw

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ironic thing is a have a couple of Zastones 889g just sitting here i have never used, they show on the screen what direction and distance to the next guy who owns one. I tested several radios including the tyt 10 watt, the zastone a19 almost doubled the range of the arm load of radios i had with me.

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Programming the Zastone A19 with chirp is not that great, 30% of those radios are duds but the rest sure work good. I have got them to upload using Wouxun KG-UV8D with Chirp. So copy and past the uv-5r using chirp then up load using wouxun, then fix it up using the better Zastone software. And instead of pissing around with mic covers order the wouxun smo-003 mic if you can find one. This picture is all wrong but these are the right mics, they cancel all orders in you try and order the SMO-003 mic from other suppliers.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...249.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4drFUnkw
Is the wouxun smo-003 mic snow/waterproof?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess this is radio thread so i may as well comment on the quansheng TG-uv2plus radio, it a 200 channel 5 band radio, it is extremely clear and has fantastic range. It is a little challenging to program. Nicests radio i have had out of the 30 or 40 different models.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the Btech is IP54 and the Woux... is IP57.

5X means it is dust resistant.
X4 means it can handle water splashes.
X7 means it can handle water immersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes.

https://www.jabra.com/blog/waterproof-or-water-resistant-whats-behind-an-ip-rating/

Woux... is the winner

I bought the Btech because shipped from NA, cheaper with good reviews and I don't required full IP57. If my radio is in the water that means I am too and I could care less if my mic survives, lol.

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Btech because shipped from NA, cheaper with good reviews and I don't required full IP57. If my radio is in the water that means I am too and I could care less if my mic survives, lol.
My post was not intended to bash your mic. 99% of the time IP54 is probably plenty.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My post was not intended to bash your mic. 99% of the time IP54 is probably plenty.

No worries,.. i've gone through all the searching and China ordering. I needed a good mic and couldn't wait the 3weeks like prior ordering so I ordered close.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tested many mics that claimed IP67 and most weren't. The ones I sell work great. I use to use the btech but they don't like the snow. If you have a btech get a mic cover for it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tested many mics that claimed IP67 and most weren't. The ones I sell work great. I use to use the btech but they don't like the snow. If you have a btech get a mic cover for it.

I got my mic cover, nicely crafted. Im looking forward to trying it out.

Top Bottom