What exhaust can should I run?

R_janssen

Reaction score
Just spring ordered a new 2012 Summit X 800 E-Tec 154. Black on Black.

Going to put a exhaust can on it when I get it. Just wondering what brand everyone else is running on their's.

Anything else I should be looking at doing for add-ons?

Thanks

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep MBRP is a great all around can or if you want something thats quite loud specialty sleds makes a nice can as well. i would say watch what everyone else is doing but you will prob want to clutch it and put a vent kit on.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't get into the can discussion, everyone has something they like. In the end you aren't gaining any performance, but losing weight and adding a little more rumble.

For other basics, you should pick up scratchers if you have to ride into your riding areas. You don't need to go crazy on vents, a few on the clutch side front and back.

Couple of new items that BRP has out there is the new secondary kit that you can turn into a sliding secondary. About $550 I think. Its cheaper than doing the aftermarket sliding upgrade I believe.

Thats a pretty significant upgrade, but will cure any alignment issues once and for all.

Lots of people have their own preferance on clutching as well. DynamoeJoe, Rooster Built for guys who have setups or you can just talk to any of your local clutching gurus as a simple spring change and helix swap could be all you need depending on your riding.

Be prepared for a decent break in periord. Sometimes people think they are doing the sled and themselves alot of good by upgrading the sled right away while its still in the breakin period and then they end up chasing gremlins.

R_janssen

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Most likely going to throw a can on the sled when it gets here. Has anybody put a SnoStuff "Rumble Pack" Silencers on the E-tec?

And from reading other threads, just going to ride the sled until it broken in and see how it goes after that before doing any clutch work.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP on mine, my dads, and know a few other guys with MBRP. Sounds really good.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is the sound? loud or very loud? compare to stock exhaust?
It's loud, but not excisively loud. It's just perfect for me. It's noticeably louder then stock. Doesnt sound like a diesel jetta anymore.

Top Bottom