What do you want from an action sports camera?

dogger224

Reaction score
Hi there everyone
I'm a proud owner of a 2011 Kodiak 450, enjoy splashing around in the outdoors and am currently working as a brand manager for the new action sports camera company, WASPcam. In an effort to deliver the best mounts and accessories for ATV and side by sides, I wanted to start discussing with you guys (and girls) on what you expect from a compact action sports camera. Or do you even use one?

Feel free to join the conversation on Facebook.com/WaspCam. I will be 'lurking' here for the next few months and look forward to mingling with the Snowandmud community.

See you at the races.

DannyB

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, this might not last long. But since you asked.....I'd like the video quality and features of a Drift, with the mounting system of a Contour. Love my Drift except for the crappy plastic mounts. Love the mounting of my Contour, but the camera inside is a cheesy pieco of crap.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Battery life!
Needs more battery life!!
Oh, and no interference with our beacons.
And of course be under a couple hundie. Haha

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*Battery life in cold weather* upwards of 8hrs in severe weather
Waterproof
Swivel lens
Lots of mounting options with action poles not cheap plastic that breaks when cold
Large LCD screen
Playback features with audio
MINIMAL WIND NOISE
great audio
Large buttons that are glove friendly
Must be able to tell when camera is on
User friendly simple basic
Sold with hard travel case and all accessories
Video editing software with quick updating to you tube
1080 video quality

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
*Battery life in cold weather* upwards of 8hrs in severe weather
Waterproof
Swivel lens
Lots of mounting options with action poles not cheap plastic that breaks when cold
Large LCD screen
Playback features with audio
MINIMAL WIND NOISE
great audio
Large buttons that are glove friendly
Must be able to tell when camera is on
User friendly simple basic
Sold with hard travel case and all accessories
Video editing software with quick updating to you tube
1080 video quality

WOW..........he did ask didn't he!

dogger224

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I will do my best to avoid the 'spam' content. Not looking for free ad space, but we do want to increase our chatter with the ATV/ Snow lovers and make sure we're delivering what you guys (and girls) want from an action sports camera.

I will get a short edit made up of my Kodiak and I ... then you can decide if I can stay in the camp ;)

speed demon

Speeddemon.ca
Reaction score
I've used both a GoPro and a Drift in the past. One of my favourite features on the GoPro is the ability to view/start/stop filming from my Iphone. One of the things I haven't really been impressed with is the quality of the mounting brackets. It could be user error but I have a very hard time getting steady shots.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One feature I like with the Drift is the remote. It could be improved with an led light to let you know when the camera is recording.
A built-in / tested tether system.
Bluetooth with an app in case you lose your camera. Kind of a beacon for your cam.
A good case for the camera. accessories, mounts and cables would great. I stumble on different cases and make it work but last month I completely forgot I used a mastercraft tool case and spent a few hours looking for the wrong case. So, a big logo on the case.
Min 1800 mAh battery. I have no problems with the battery life in the cold after I upgraded to 1800 mAh from the 1100 or 1200 that was factory.
Mini HDMI out. Sometimes you want to go thru footage on your TV on the the longer trips.
Drift's ability to rotate the lens is another reason why I bought it although there needs to be some sort of reminder to make sure your lens is rotated properly to the horizon. :)

Top Bottom