What did you hit this last weekend???

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride, did some skiing, then took a friends kids for a ride....found a spot a sand bar that had a rock in it and bang.....

The prop and skeg were in perfect shape .....WERE....

Piss me off, this is the first serious thing I've ever hit in 40 years of boating....

A guy told me to check out Cerified Weldall they specialize in skeg and prop repair ....any one on here ever use them?

Attachments

• IMG-20120915-00636.jpg
    IMG-20120915-00636.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG-20120915-00637.jpg
    IMG-20120915-00637.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 200

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Try this guy... I did the same thing to my Volvo leg a couple of years ago. He did the leg and prop repair in Oct and I parked the boat for the season. When I used the next season it still had a vibration, he repaired the prop a second time at no charge... good guy IMHO
Budget ATV & Prop Shop - 5921 91 St NW, Edmonton, AB

Also try these guys
Recreational Power Sports > Home
Went for a ride, did some skiing, then took a friends kids for a ride....found a spot a sand bar that had a rock in it and bang.....

The prop and skeg were in perfect shape .....WERE....

Piss me off, this is the first serious thing I've ever hit in 40 years of boating....

A guy told me to check out Cerified Weldall they specialize in skeg and prop repair ....any one on here ever use them?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for your prop repair prop masters in airdrie are awesome ... he fixes are brass props for our inboard regularly ...we seem to have bad luck with hitting stuff!!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chri$t, were you bored Ric???
Or just way too much time on your hands?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I received an education this morning....seems Certified Weldall was trained from Michigan Wheel Corp, they make props for a large number of companies...they specialize in skeg and prop repair and sell, Aluminum, Stainless steel and brass props...

Did you know there is a recommended working RPM for each boat/motor/propcombination....

For our boat with a 17 pitch prop 4100 to 4700 rpm, any slower and the cooling impeller may not be circulating enough water and the possibility of scorching cylinders could happen over time, so I asked wouldn’t it show up as overheating on my temp gauge, his answer was that it may just be on the hot end of acceptable vs actually overheating....but by matching the prop to the task and keeping the rpm in the recommended range, the motor will run cooler and more efficiently...

Over revving is worse for obvious reasons.....

So I asked then why did the manufacture but the boat out with a 21 pitch prop,( which by his calculation, at the recommended rpm the boat would be doing 67miles per hour...) His answer was they like fixing motors and selling boats, apparently the motor manufactures don’t put the prop on the dealers do....

His recommendation was for skiing, wakeboarding, tubing where the towing speedis 20 to 30 mph we should have a 14 pitch and yes loose the top end speed, more power on the bottom, 4000 to 4300 rpm when towing and 4700 for cruising (well a slower cruise) of maybe only 40 / 42 mph...trimmed up...

Any thoughts???

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So on the radio this morning they were talking about a Dodge truck that hit two Bison out in Elk Island ....so when, where and what did you hit......???

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was last week in Regina. When all of a sudden this Taco time sign jumped in front of me. I wish it was a Bison.

Top Bottom