What are your thoughts of the powder keg tunnel storage/fuel and possibly life kit

chris_paquin

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2013 M8 with a 153 track. I am looking for tunnel storage and fuel but I do not really like the mountain addiction stuff. The powder keg stuff seems a bit pricy For the fuel, storage and the life kit it will be over $500. What do you have and what do you like and dislike about it

any good info is appreciated

image.jpg

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have the powderkeg gas, and storage. I love it. I got a great deal on mine from a member on here or i'm not sure I would have bought it. but now that I have it I think it is worth the $. the storage is large enough to hold anything you could possibly need and have never had any moisture get in. it is a very simple install, very easy to take off and on, low profile jerry can is great when you don't have the storage on and need to kick a leg over. and the nozzle on the jerry can is the twist to open style and makes it easy to get into the tank before opening it so you don't end up spilling on your seat. I don't have the life kit but may look into ordering, would be nice to have everything right there available.

chris_paquin

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. When you have both the fuel and storage on do you kick it a lot and how noticeable is it when you are mountain riding? If you were buying new would you buy the life kit for an extra $100? Also do you have any pictures?

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Plio7, got it from a member. After using for a season, I would say it's worth the money. The combo isn't any higher than the seat. I haven't kicked it yet and I don't notice it when riding. And yes if i was buying another one, I would get the life kit. here it is installed on a 12 pro rmk.
photo.JPG

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the life kit on my xm with gas. I love this set up but the only downside is the weight. It holds tons of **** lol

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Liked the concept of the whole package, but the $500+ for the kit was too much. I bought the Chris Burandt full size bag for $225 and I already had the the gas can carrier with 2 - 5L gas jugs. So far no issues with zipper or what I can stuff in the CB bag... and I am the tool and gadget guy on the trip :)
I keep most of my Life Survival kit in my backpack, just in case the sled is MIA. That being said... having another life kit on the sled could come in handy.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have this Roto-Pax setup for an M-series tunnel for sale (but with a red fuel container, not black) . It works very well and being a flat top, you can put anything on top of it.

IMG_0439.jpg IMG_0440.jpg

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally worth the money. I love mine. Got the gas jug with it but haven't used it yet. We rarely need extra fuel. Not sure I'd shell out the extra hundred for the life kit though. The $6 clips I put on mine hold my shovel just fine, and the rest is quite comfortable and dry inside the box.

20140323_141258.jpg

Storm Rider

Reaction score
I have had the Powderkeg for 3 years and love it. Everything stays dry and it is very convenient to get into out in the back country. I don't have the Lifekit either but think it would be a great addition. I highly recommend it. I got mine second hand as well so the price was some easier to swallow.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the powder keg with fuel caddy and life kit. It is great I am glad I spent the extra money to get the life kit. The saw and shovel I have used a lot this year and that little saw cuts through trees like butter and the shovel s heavy duty and little bigger than the one I use to have on my tunnel. It holds lot's of s%@# but I have most of my safety gear n my backpack and then the extras are in the powderkeg. I would recommend spending the extra on the life kit.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
nyjaqety.jpg

This is the only pic I can find that shows it....I have never had an issue in the mountains with it. But it's also easy to pull and throw off in the bush when you want to go play and just leave the gas tank on or remove as well

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
On the 153" I believe it takes up almost all of the tunnel. But they've also designed it with a nice form fitted indent that puts perfect around the tail light

Top Bottom