what are the best ford super duty theft devices out there

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of super duty thefts going on, easy to break into a screw driver under the plastic at the door handle. the club devices are a simple device, but they can cut the steering wheel or spray it with a fire extinguisher and then hit with a hammer. alarms are an option, but can be defeated any other ideas, as the thefts are getting out of hand. maybe a sw hand gun.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i HAVE A GMC DURAMAX AND I PUT IN A DEAD MAN SWITCH THAT IS ACTIVATED WHEN YOU LOCK DOORS WITH REMOTE START PAD. UNLESS YOU UNLUCK DOORS WITH REMOTE START THE DEADMAN SWITCH IS STILL ON. EVEN WITH KEY THE TRUCK HAS NO POWER AND ALARM GOES OFF. A HIDDEN PIN SWITCH HAS TO BE HELD AS THE KEY IS TURNED ON TO DISARM THEN.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be overly complicated. pull a couple fuses.

Coxy

Reaction score
Mine has your typical imobilizer piggybacked onto the factory keyless entry setup. Unless you disarm it theres no power to the starter circuit. When i had my car and buddys big enclosed trailer hooked up down in van, i pulled a couple relays and fuses as summit889 said, just to be 100% certain that it would not be driven away under its own power. They also make jimmy jammers that go inside your door, to prevent that method of entry you mentioned, and so on.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A SW and a big dog are always the most effective options but i would go with the dead man switch or kill switch under the dash or a new system from titan that has gps tracking and is a remote start and security system. Personally am impressed with the onstar system in my chev truck after my truck was "stolen/moved" in ft mcmurray just before christmas.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine immobilizers

See if your truck here is listed with a theft deterrent system

Here is a list for 4 of the only ones approved in Canada.

Here is an aftermarket option

CarDefender - Simple, Reliable, Effective protection from auto theft - Operation Instructions

I had a couple other links but can't find them,, one had to do with an ISO connector with about 30 pins in it. And when you went to start your vehicle you had to couple the "mate" to the other end.

Not sure if this answers your question or not.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, you have a few choices, heard of guys taking out a fuse, it is cheap but a PIA and heard that they carry fuses when looking for a vehicle. a fuel shut off could work, only given time a thief can look for a hidden switch. alarms should work, only as soon as an alarm comes out it only takes time before someone has a way to bypass, also no one pays much attention to alarms. if they can't steal it they will burn it down, you can't win. maybe a tims donut shop at the parking lots may deter a few thefts. i think it is going to get dangerous for criminals out in the staging area's .

shoot shovel and shut up, may be the norm real soon.

smokindiesel

Reaction score
Your right about superdutys being easy to steal, there is no security in your key so bashing the lock cyl out and starting with a screwdriver is easy for a theif to do. I drive second gen dodges so I have to deal with the same problem. The 98 dodge half ton i used to drive was almost stolen that way, figure something spooked the guy cuase he had it ready to drive away, maybe my load pipes in burnaby scared him from takeing it lol. After that i got an 2way alarm system, with a starter kill function. I wired it in myself and hid the alarm box just under the top of the dash. I couldn't hid the wires so i twisted them together in small strands like two or three wires and wraped them in electricral tape and strung them everywhere, added a few wires that did nothing and strung them around the main starter wires. There was so many wires under my dash after no crook would figure out how to bypass the system especially cuase the wires that go to the starter relay after the alarm were no longer under the dash at all.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a truck in Valemount with a 'boot' on the front wheel. That truck wouldn't be going anywhere! Just a suggestion.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is sight overkill but I thought of putting hyd.jacks like they have motor
homes on the front end of my f250 if you can't steer pretty hard to drive
just a crazy idea in crazy world!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is sight overkill but I thought of putting hyd.jacks like they have motor
homes on the front end of my f250 if you can't steer pretty hard to drive
just a crazy idea in crazy world!

better off putting on rear wheels as no way to move truck. on the front they'll drive the jacks until they fall off or something came apart. don't think it would be worth the hassel.
maybe something that locks the transfer case in neutral would work better, but i can see problems happening. like the boot idea, not too hard for on and off and with the fuse pulling may work only with most devices they tend not to get used all the time.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better off putting on rear wheels as no way to move truck. on the front they'll drive the jacks until they fall off or something came apart. don't think it would be worth the hassel.
maybe something that locks the transfer case in neutral would work better, but i can see problems happening. like the boot idea, not too hard for on and off and with the fuse pulling may work only with most devices they tend not to get used all the time.

just a thought.. if i saw a truck with a boot on it i would assume that man this guy/girl must have something real valuable in that truck.. might make a thief more interested into finding out whats inside. i could be wrong but it just crossed my mind when thinking about seeing a truck with a boot on it lol.:beer:

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A simple device that phones your cell phone when trailer doors are lowered to see what is inside and also when your truck doors are opened. Boot would be good too they dont want anything that is going to take them some time to steal.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about this??

fordchev.jpg

Coxy

Reaction score
lol... Thats a Superduty with a Bowtie on it if you didnt realize. That should keep a few theives at bay i would think shitfly haha

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not mine, but made me look twice, haha. getting quicker with the cell phone camera.:beer:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to stop someone from stealing your Ford...I would send them a thankyou card....lol.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my superduty has chipped key and factory alarm (2009)the alarm can be a pain in the ass as it will start to enagae unless you put the key in the igniton in 10 seconds
as for busting the locks out put a rear door trim handle on the outside whithout the lock cylinders use the keyless entry pad or the fob to unlock the doors

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think it is going to get dangerous for criminals out in the staging area's .

shoot shovel and shut up, may be the norm real soon.

I'll dig the hole for anyone who needs it! :paddle:
Oh yah I don't see so good :ignore: and my memory isn't the greatest.

Top Bottom