What about a Vector Mtn.

Motorman26

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is looking at a 07 Vector Mnt and wants some opinions on them. The price is good but it is a 162" track with only 120 hp. The 4 stroke torque is suposed to make a a big difference but he is a bigger guy. I think it would be a good all around power machine. Maybe a shot of juice for the big hills, but it should do the trick. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sled-Head-Jr.

Reaction score
well, if he's gonna be in the mountains all the time then he should keep the 162', i have a 153 on my sled but i haven't went to the mountains in a while, but i've a ride a vector, with only 120hp, i think he should just go with an apex, it has 150hp, it may be a little heavier, but it has more horse to make up for the extra pounds, and it's $10,000, it's en extra 30hp, but it's 2 grand more, but then again it's you're decision, i like the apex a little more than the vector though.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Vector last season, 162 SE, and it's awesome. It will hang with any 700 out there. The guys I ride with have 00-02 7/800 Doo's and RMK's with 151's can's/pipes etc, and I go everywhere they go, and even got into a few places where they couldn't climb into. Not to mention the fact that I use half the amount of fuel that they do, don't need to buy injection oil, etc. The sled rocks, but I am considering a charger for next season just because I can.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He will be happy with the 4 stroke reliability, But It is carbed. not fuel injected. It is only 120 HP, basically it is a 600 with a 162". They feel really heavy without that horsepower. If he is a bigger guy he will probally want that little bit extra power, you will not be as tired at the end of the day, and you won't have to ride the Pi$$ out of to the bar. If he is going to want more power it is usally cheaper to get it at the start than trying to add it later ie: clutching,pipe,helix,lightweight seat,carb springs. etc. just my:twocents: I have been down this road.

It doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on a pig........... It's still a pig!

If he wants the 4-stroke go the Apex or the Nytro, He won't regret it. He gets in somewhere and wishes that he had that little bit extra....... Has got to be a Greeeeaaaattttt Deeeaaalllll !!!

APEX83

Reaction score
i had a vector and i did not like it that much i am 180 pounds and i thought it was under powerd so i got an 08 apex and i love it

Top Bottom