Webserver Being Replaced tonight at 2-3 am Jan 26

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We have experienced some issues with the webserver and we are up on a temporary server for the day. The server will be down for an upgrade at 2:00 am till about 3:00 am Mtn time. We will be replacing the server with a new bigger server as well. With some more redundant hardware as well.

Thanks for your understanding with this issue.

Ron

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have experienced some issues with the webserver and we are up on a temporary server for the day. The server will be down for an upgrade at 2:00 am till about 3:00 am Mtn time. We will be replacing the server with a new bigger server as well. With some more redundant hardware as well.

Thanks for your understanding with this issue.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Didn't know what to do with myself this morning over coffee with no S&M. Lol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron. Didn't know what to do with myself this morning over coffee with no S&M. Lol.

i'm thinkin it was that damn sasquatch, i thought i saw a shadow in the trees at mm5, should have unloaded the gun, squatch must have gotten a link to S@M and shut us down this am.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinkin it was that damn sasquatch, i thought i saw a shadow in the trees at mm5, should have unloaded the gun, squatch must have gotten a link to S@M and shut us down this am.

If any one is capable of doing it, it would be that hairy bagger. Lol.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Its a PCI solid state drive issue. They originally thought it failed on Sunday, then to find another issue and thought a reboot would fix it. Which it did, the loads were high, way higher than ever. When they got to be too much the server shut down the drive and then we get the error.

Now, they managed to get the website data restored without going to the backups from Sunday. We have the data on a temp SAS drive which is slower, until a decision is made. So its been made already, we are upgrading to a Fusion I/O Solid state drive and a completely new server. We are going up to the top server we can get without going two a single server just for the data. This will increase performance quite a bit.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the new fusion inhibitor running off of empties and left over garlic toast? and more importantly what is the SFRR, (solar flare resistance rating).

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a PCI solid state drive issue. They originally thought it failed on Sunday, then to find another issue and thought a reboot would fix it. Which it did, the loads were high, way higher than ever. When they got to be too much the server shut down the drive and then we get the error.

Now, they managed to get the website data restored without going to the backups from Sunday. We have the data on a temp SAS drive which is slower, until a decision is made. So its been made already, we are upgrading to a Fusion I/O Solid state drive and a completely new server. We are going up to the top server we can get without going two a single server just for the data. This will increase performance quite a bit.

Ya what he said. I just want it to work

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com

<trying to determine if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I understood all of that>

Good thing there are lots of Youtube videos to temporarily fill the gap... I can watch Cory Micku over and over and over and over and over......... and over and over..... and over....

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh dear lord Ron we can't have you being responsible for the lack of direction for the masses, for god sake do what you need to as Holmes puts it "make it right" Please?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Re: Webserver Being Replaced tonight at 2-3 am Jan 27

Its looks like the server is ready to go. And booked for replacement at 2 am MST - or 4 am EST. So it will go down in the wee hours of the morning and will come back on the new server and fusion solid state drives.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

We are up and running on the new server. There may be some small bugs but most are fixed and we are running smooth. If you notice any issues please post them. Thanks.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Had S&M at work yesterday (Red Deer)...but at home (Penhold) it is still down. Any ideas? Tried two different computers and different browsers. (Chrome and Explorer)...site not found. Our provider at home is Telus....not sure about work.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Telus may have it blocked again. This has happened in the past. If you can forward me your IP address I will double check. This was an issue a year or two back.

Top Bottom