Weak Rear suspension springs

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what is the best spring to replace the rear suspension springs with. Only 200 miles on the sled have the settings at 3 and the back end seems to sag really bad. Is there better aftermarket springs or a better stock spring i should put on instead. Thanks for the wisdom

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track tension within spec? That affects ride height / sag.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what is the best spring to replace the rear suspension springs with. Only 200 miles on the sled have the settings at 3 and the back end seems to sag really bad. Is there better aftermarket springs or a better stock spring i should put on instead. Thanks for the wisdom

There is a certain amount of sag that is correct. What's the rider weight and when does it sag?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Been a problem since 08. There are stiffer springs that help a little but not really all that much. Part number will get posted for ya' as the posts come along.

Sags more in the shop on dollies than anything. IMHO, it doesn't seem to affect the ride with the average person of 160-70 lbs soaking wet!

xmsummit154

Reaction score
rider weight is 180lbs and the track tension is correct. I had heard that doos have that problem though. I will pull it off the dollies and check again but if you lift the back end up and then just let it come to settle it seems to sink 4 inches without even getting on it. Thanks for the input

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank it up to fat guy setting #5 on the blocks and you should have no issues. I'm 250 geared up with my avy bag and I haven't bottomed my sled out yet. Blocks on fat guy 5 and front spring cranked down 3/4 of the way.

Top Bottom