We have a new Guardian in the Honeymoon area - Thanks for everything Dad (Opa).

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I received my love of the outdoors, the mountains and snowmobiling from my dad as a young kid. I'll always remember dad's '74 Panther 440, and the '78 Jag 340 he gave us for Christmas one year. As the years went on, Dad made sure there was always a sled and a dirt bike to ride at home. Have lots of memories of dad chasing coyotes in the fields around home and performing on his sled (maybe after a drink or two), not to mention doing burnouts and blasting through the fields whatever truck he happened to be working on at the time.

Although we grew up in Alberta, we spent a lot of time in the Valemount, BC area with my cousins and I'll always cherish the memories. My kids (11, 9 & 6) are all riding and with any luck, I'll be able to pass on some of the things that dad & I loved to do together when he was younger.

Dad passed away last February after a brief battle with cancer. Since mom and dad spent the last 15 or so years living just outside of Merritt, BC, we figured it was fitting to find a spot where he could watch everyone in the area.

If you're ever in the Honeymoon area, just outside of Merritt, stop by to say hello. Nice ride to get to the top & a fantastic view.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=50.03192,-121.31974&ll=50.03192,-121.31974&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Latitude: 50.03192
Longitude: -121.3197

My Sister & I spreading dad's ashes on top
IMG_0236[1].jpg

Another view from the top
IMG_0242[1].jpg

Mom & Dad with one of my Cousins - May 1965.
May-1965.jpg

One of Dads finer moments from a few years back - Definitely had his "Alberta Accent" on. Picture probably about 10 - 15 years old.
Ronnie-Pliers.jpg

Thanks again Dad - I'd love to do it all over from the beginning.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the greatest way to honor the memory of loved ones gone is not to mourn their death, but to celebrate their life. You are doing an amazing job of cherishing and passing on the love of the mountains and adventure that he instilled in you. His legacy will live on in you and in your children- you should be so proud :) He looks like he was a real character: I will be sure to say Hi if I ever make it up to that spectacular view. :)

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great and touching thread. looks like your dad is in a great place!!! there is nothing better than spending time with your dad. my son loves when we are out hunting and camping and just being in the great outdoors. I bought hime a new sled and ordered one for myself so next season it's sledding with my son every day possible!! can't WAIT!

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
im from merritt and been riding for 25 years and the moon is still my fav place to ride sorry to hear about your dad but he is now truly in gods country:thumbsup2:

Top Bottom