Water proof wiring connections

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of wiring harness plugs underneath vehicle that are disconnected and need to remain that way that need to be sealed. Plug size is 1.5" roughly. What are the best methods? Looked at heat shrink.. paint on electric tape? Would like to never look at these again but have access to the plug if things change. Thoughts please.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find matching plugs, fill wiring passages with silicone and fill connection with di-electric grease and plug them together. Or cut off the plugs altogether and heatshrink your wire ends.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0328.JPG

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find matching plugs, fill wiring passages with silicone and fill connection with di-electric grease and plug them together. Or cut off the plugs altogether and heatshrink your wire ends.
I like that idea for sure except my issue is it plugs into a module that has gone bad and causing shorts which can cause voltage spikes back to the ecm... agh. It is for rear radar sensors on a ML 350 good ol german engineering, the module splits water gets in and causes the internal shorting.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This stuff is excellent. I use it on all electrical connections on my logging trucks. Expensive as hell, but works. No more green wire.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting stuff have you had good experiences with it?
Very good results. With the logging trucks we are constantly in wet, salty, grimy situations, wiring is always an issue. After trying this stuff for about 2 years I am very impressed. I have had the cover of junction box's get broken in the winter, filled up with snow and crap, clean them out, put a new cover on and not have a problem. Gets a 10 out of 10 for me. Its like Franks Red Hot, I put that sh*t on everything.

Last edited:

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hockey stick tape is the best electrical tape. Tough & protective.

If you don't mind a very good but pricey spray "deoxit"

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This stuff is excellent. I use it on all electrical connections on my logging trucks. Expensive as hell, but works. No more green wire.
If it's good enough for logging trucks it's good enough for me. Where do you find it?

Top Bottom