Want rear shock stiffer and not so saggy

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an 09 m8 153 and the way it sits without anyone on it, is pretty much they way i want it when i ride it with very little cushion or play. It has the fox shock with the spring what are some options besides blocking it with a 2 by 4.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swap in a stiffer spring and revalve or swap in a float.

Jseime

Reaction score
I have fox floats on my 2010 and absolutely hated them, had nextech do the burandt upgrade on both rear shocks and they are 1000 times better so far, I havent gotten to ride it much because it is un-holy cold here right now but initial impressions are very good. It would cost you a bit to go to the float and have the upgrade done but it might be worth it.

Uptown

Reaction score
Me Too! 2010 m8 had burandt upgrade in the skid shocks. Also did front floats upgrade to float 2! Been riding it for 2 years now and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! now is plush and will rebound way quicker on the small bumps, yet still works great if hitting jumps!
Done at Nextech they did a great job. I havent tried the extra air reservoir, nextech has them and Evol from Fox but figued I would do the revalve first and then see. No need to get it. If a guy is spending that kind of dough to ungrade the stockers I think a guy should just spend the big dollars and get Exit or Fox clicker shocks.
Front psi at 60ish
Rear psi at 120ish
skid front shock 3\4 tightened up, and mounted in the lower tunnel mount hole

Top Bottom